GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/21/2021 5:38 pm  #1

9/22/2021 8:40 am  #2

Re: Final schedule out

18 home games
2 neutral site
10 true road games (but 2 local)

I can't ever remember such a home-heavy schedule before. Hopefully it leads to many Ws

9/22/2021 9:33 am  #3

Re: Final schedule out

Steve Urkel wrote:

18 home games
2 neutral site
10 true road games (but 2 local)

I can't ever remember such a home-heavy schedule before. Hopefully it leads to many Ws

Not sure that having Sheslanie Laureano on the roster makes 2 tourney games in San Juan GW home games. If you’re going to count Georgetown and Mason as asterisked road games, then AU, Howard and Mason should be noted as asterisked home games. McCombs has essentially rebuilt this team with transfers as well as retained newcomers from Rizzotti’s final recruiting class. Like the Minnesota and ODU road games to spotlight local players on the team. We’ve been years past playing Maryland competitively but it’s great to see us playing all the local schools including home games against the 2 Power 5 schools treated as local by the Washington Post. Don’t know if I’d call this schedule home heavy but it certainly looks to be a well-crafted one. Proof will be on the court but everything looks to be on the upswing with the women’s team. Of course, we’re not looking at a Valery Brumel high bar either.

Board footera