GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/25/2021 6:29 pm  #1

1st Team All American Team

Timme, of Gonzaga, was the lone unanimous selection by a 63-person media panel on The Associated Press preseason All-America team released Monday. He was joined by Illinois big man Kofi Cockburn, UCLA guard Johnny Juzang, Villanova point guard Collin Gillespie and Indiana forward Trayce Jackson-Davis.

Kind of amazing, and refreshing,these guys are all back right? 
No Freshman picked, but of the Freshman which do you see most like on the All American team at year's end?

10/25/2021 8:09 pm  #2

Re: 1st Team All American Team

Yeah definitely agree that it's cool to see them all back in school. I wonder if they don't fit the nebulous NBA-ready stereotype? Cool to see Juzang, I really enjoyed watching UCLA last year.

10/25/2021 9:54 pm  #3

Juzang was a lot of fun, what a run he led UCLA on, carried them vs Gonzaga in OT in the Final 4 game.

All 5 of these guys end up 1st round picks right?

10/25/2021 10:30 pm  #4

Not sure on Timme.  I'm not sure he's athletic enough, or a good enough defender / rebounder to really be a first round pick in today's NBA.  He seems to be one of those awesome college big men who scouts don't really think will translate over to the NBA.  Like Luka Garza.

10/25/2021 10:52 pm  #5

Well, Timme was told by NBA Execs he'd be a 1st round pick last year if he chose to come out.

Kofi Cockburn is actually the better comp to Luke Garza, a guy overpowering college front lines, but do either have enough offensive versatility in their game at the next level and do they have quick enough feet on D?  I think so re Cockburn, he'll go 1st round this year.

Juzang looked like a lock NBA rotation player, his game figures to translate for sure IMO.

Watched the Nets play Washington  Did not realize that in addition to Hachimura, The Wizards also have last year's Gonzaga players Kispert AND Joel Ayayi?  Someone in that Front Office likes Zags it seems.

Also noteworthy. Deandre Bembry, A10 product looked really good getting solid minutes for the NBA title Favorite Nets. 

Board footera