GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/13/2021 11:31 pm  #81

Re: GW vs UC-San Diego Game Thread

Can we swap coaches? 

11/13/2021 11:34 pm  #82

10 points in our first 20 possessions of the half.  But now 5 in the last  5

I know this game is over. I just want to see us run better offense. The defense has been basically fine (we’ve only given up 1 three this half, and we’ve held their starters to 2-9 from three - it’s basically been the two bench guys for them who provided the margin).  But let’s see something besides one on one.

11/13/2021 11:35 pm  #83

If anyone ever questions my fandom, I will tell them that I watched this entire game as proof.

11/13/2021 11:36 pm  #84

Have we scored on back to back possessions tonight? 

11/13/2021 11:37 pm  #85

Or our masochism.
Didn't t have to deep six Noel Brown. No one doing any better.

11/13/2021 11:42 pm  #86

why can't they rebound. Flopping?

11/13/2021 11:44 pm  #87

The refs calling flopping is just icing on the cake

11/13/2021 11:44 pm  #88

Total bullshit. 5 players but no team play. Sub .500 team again.

11/13/2021 11:46 pm  #89

GW0509 wrote:

The refs calling flopping is just icing on the cake

Especially because it should have been a foul on them dropping us from getting the offensive rebound.

This has just been ugly in every way.  Hope we can regroup for Fullerton.

11/13/2021 11:50 pm  #90

Tough to watch. I understand we had tough travel to play. If I have to watch Bishop play like this all year I’m going to have a heart attack. We did not look like we were prepared for a 3 point shooting opponent. Offense quickly turns into one on one with no passing. Tuesday night will be telling to me if JC can motivate his team. Really poor effort.

11/13/2021 11:52 pm  #91

Does anyone know why GW is playing games every other day with this kind of travel?  This kind of outcome shouldn't really be a surprise, right?

11/13/2021 11:58 pm  #92

Good question. Nonetheless, we should be able to handle it.
Another question: why do we apply a bit of defensive pressure only when the game is hopeless?

11/14/2021 12:01 am  #93

Disgraceful! Don't you dare blame this on travel. This was a typical coaching (noncoaching) performance by Christian!  Now 18-34 over 2 seasons and 3 games,. Do you see a pattern here?

11/14/2021 12:09 am  #94

I believe we had 14 consecutive empty possessions in the first half.   That’s a Godzilla and a Turkey against us.  Sad. 

And needing a big start to the second half, we scored 10 points in our first 20 possessions.  You just can’t have so many empty possessions and expect to win.

I thought the defense was mostly fine, but we need to work on ball movement and off ball movement. It was truly horrible all game long.

In fact, I would say that UCSD looked like a MUCH better coached team. The way they moved the ball and rotated on defense was what good teams do, and we rarely look that way under Jc even when we are playing well.

(As an aside, their starters were 2-10 from three, but they got huge contributions from some bench guys - I would be very curious what the scoring report said about the two bench guys who hit 7 threes, considering that’s about twice as many as their had in their career.  In fact, the three bench guys that combined to go 9-14 had only hit a combined 10 threes vs d1 teams in their career before tonight.  Not sure if that was bad scouting or just an opponent that got unusual contributions today - like if we play a game where Qwanzi and Freeman hit 7 threes, I assume we will romp).

11/14/2021 12:10 am  #95

The Ross-Man! wrote:

Does anyone know why GW is playing games every other day with this kind of travel?  This kind of outcome shouldn't really be a surprise, right?

It’s a very good question. Especially after what you knew would be an emotional game vs Maryland.

It’s some of the worst scheduling I’ve seen from GW.

11/14/2021 12:23 am  #96

Stop blaming the refs, the travel, the bad popcorn, and on and on. Stop enabling this coach!!!

11/14/2021 1:22 am  #97

Is Nixon hurt or just not good enough to get any minutes?

11/14/2021 1:52 am  #98

Exceptionally awful scheduling.

Have ours kids in a charged up electric Maryland game, hop in a plane and fly 3000 miles with one day off in a pretty dead building.  

Beyond that though, we're going to struggle all year in certain aspects. We have no depth, and a very limited frontcourt, and does the team have sufficient range shooting?  

11/14/2021 7:51 am  #99

Holy fuck we lost by 20 to a D2 school?

11/14/2021 7:57 am  #100

Also, don't look now but UMass Lowell won at Dayton. How many pompoms here locked that as a W?

Board footera