GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/22/2021 12:44 pm  #21

Re: GW vs Wright St Game Thread

I may be tempted to go tomorrow. They selling individual game tickets at the door?

11/22/2021 1:37 pm  #22

You will all love the glorified high school gym set-up in Naples. I've seen better gyms at D3 schools.

11/22/2021 1:38 pm  #23

GWRising wrote:

You will all love the glorified high school gym set-up in Naples. I've seen better gyms at D3 schools.

So we should be in our element then.

11/22/2021 2:04 pm  #24

Kent State beat JMU. 

Would be so nice for the team to rediscover it’s game and get to play Kent St, but I suspect we are headed for another battle of Presidents.

11/22/2021 2:10 pm  #25

Sounds like a major tournament.  Truly emblematic about how far we've fallen, as we worry about a matchup
with 1-2 Wright State. Not exactly like winning the Diamond Head Classic or the NIT.
About to face FloHoops with great trepidation.
Can we spare a few minutes for Knapp or Nixon if we are not doing well or doing very well? Or more important, to get some rest for everyone else, much less if they are underachieving.
   We are due for a big win. We were due several games ago, so it's hard to say with any real belief.
But given the "upgraded" talent level and just the odds in general for an A-10 team, we should be primed for a few wins in this decidedly unimpressive tournament.

11/22/2021 2:21 pm  #26

JMU just beat Mason so it won't get any easier

11/22/2021 2:28 pm  #27

FYI...  Looks like Hunter Dean is warming up.

11/22/2021 2:39 pm  #28

First play, we run a great set, Bishop finds Brown wide open at the basket… and he misses a layup. 

Fortunately we also opened with a Monster (5 straight stops) so we are up 4-0

11/22/2021 2:41 pm  #29

Targeting DMV players...Delaware, Maryland and Virginia.  (Per game announcers).

11/22/2021 2:45 pm  #30

At the first break, we see GW with a 6-5 lead, and a microcosm of everything wrong with our offense.

11/22/2021 2:46 pm  #31

Sole announcer,who may be an unpaid student intern,seems to know our team more than most.
He said "GW is a loser of four straight," prompting a moment of levity here.
So far,Wrig6-0 run shattered by Wright 3 and layup inside. Freeman turns it over. Harris Air ball leads to timeout.
Strong (comparatively ) start leads to a1 PT lead at media timeout.
Bright spot: their big man not killing us so far

11/22/2021 2:47 pm  #32

Refs really letting them play.  Both teams have gotten away with a lot of contact on defense.

We held them scoreless on their first 7 possessions, though they hit a 3 and a 2 on their last two - but since we’ve only scored a puny points in 10 possessions, we only lead 6-5 at the first time out.

11/22/2021 2:49 pm  #33

Just gave Wright 3 shots,last in going in,followed by an easy layup. 4 point swing

11/22/2021 2:56 pm  #34

Half their bleachers not even enrolled at the Community School.
Attendance seems to be about 100 from TV.

11/22/2021 2:59 pm  #35

Much better last couple of minutes.  Defense is very strong, and we are doing the job on the defensive glass. 

Still too much one on one on offense, though there was a beautiful pass from Lindo to Brown for a layup, and Adams and Joey Bam both converted on one on one/two moves (Adams got blocked, but got it back and laid it in)

11/22/2021 2:59 pm  #36

The announcers are treating our early lead vs. Wright State akin to a 16 seed holding a lead on a 1 seed in the tourney.

11/22/2021 3:01 pm  #37

Damn.  I knew I should have bet us in the first half.

11/22/2021 3:03 pm  #38

Actually playing pretty well,hope that doesn't curse it.
Joe B hugely athletic.

11/22/2021 3:06 pm  #39

Replacement big man just got 3 layups in a row, but still up. In fact,we're so strong, feed temporarily froze.

11/22/2021 3:09 pm  #40

My favorite play of the half was the three by Freeman. 

Adams set a ball screen for Bishop, and popped out to the top of the arc, so bishop passed to Adams when both defenders hedged on Bishop, then Adams quickly passed to Freeman in the corner. 

That was the kind of ball movement and teamwork we’ve all been looking for.

Board footera