GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/08/2021 4:34 pm  #61

Re: Turgeon out at Maryland

Can always tell when the team is shitty-time to go over old wounds!What a waste.

12/08/2021 5:06 pm  #62

I don't know anyone on this board, and all of the personal animosities and recriminations go over my head, but I do think it's fun to compare our past coaches. The way I look at it, Jarvis was our most successful NCAA coach, being responsible for 3 of our program's 4 wins. Hobbs was our most successful A10 coach, being responsible for our only 2 tournament championships as well as 2 of our 5 regular season championships, including the perfect 16-0 season, and Lonergan was our most successful NIT coach, being responsible for 6 of our program's 7 wins (Jarvis was 0-3 and Hobbs was 0-2 in the NIT). But I'll leave this as my final reply. On to Coppin State!

12/08/2021 5:57 pm  #63

DC Native wrote:

I don't know anyone on this board, and all of the personal animosities and recriminations go over my head, but I do think it's fun to compare our past coaches. The way I look at it, Jarvis was our most successful NCAA coach, being responsible for 3 of our program's 4 wins. Hobbs was our most successful A10 coach, being responsible for our only 2 tournament championships as well as 2 of our 5 regular season championships, including the perfect 16-0 season, and Lonergan was our most successful NIT coach, being responsible for 6 of our program's 7 wins (Jarvis was 0-3 and Hobbs was 0-2 in the NIT). But I'll leave this as my final reply. On to Coppin State!

To continue that logic, MoJo was the school´s most successful CBI coach!

12/08/2021 5:59 pm  #64

If you're looking to compare coaches, I got a fun one for you.  I stumbled upon this gem looking into something random.

http://firehobbs.blogspot.com/

Looks like no matter who our coach is, or how successful they were, someone in this fanbase will attack them with insane and unreasonable vitriol.  

12/08/2021 6:41 pm  #65

Good memory Porter.
That site had some interesting (often brutal) posts. It was particularly bad during Hobbs last 2 years. The times there were 6 players on the court received a lot of play. However, those were the days dude and ziik used about 30 different names each so it was difficult to tell how many people really gave a shit!

Board footera