GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/09/2021 2:02 pm  #61

Re: GW vs Coppin St. Game Thread

Steve,  first, I definitely think that more Brayon could have turned some losses into wins.  Again, I think JC wanted to give James every opportunity to be this team's primary point guard.  He was slower to change things up than I would have liked, but I also understand that he had to admit a hard truth to James, that things were not working out this way.  I'm sure he wanted to have James's support and perhaps even blessing.  JC rightfully sees James as a very important player on this team and he did not want to alienate him or impact his confidence or attitude in any way.   Let's all be happy that the change was made even if it took a few unexpected losses to do so.

LSF, I think this is more about opportunity and consistency than it is improvement.  I actually feel Brayon's play has been pretty consistent.  What we're seeing today is a greater opportunity for him to contribute to the team.  In other words, I think he's always been this good rather than feel he suddenly became this good by improving.  With that said, I would say that Brayon has been our most consistent player.  Joe, Ricky, Brendan, James, Noel and Hunter have all shown very solid play coupled with some unfortunate play.  If Keith Greene's keys are to be accomplished for the most part, what we should begin seeing is far more consistently good play.

12/09/2021 2:15 pm  #62

Now let's see all this progress against a better team.  Crossing my fingers.

12/09/2021 2:57 pm  #63

Whats not to love about Brayon and Joe. Great kids

12/09/2021 3:01 pm  #64

Got home late and saw the replay. We sure hit a lot of 3's and that kept us in the game in first half.  Wonder if we can keep it up in the future. Nice to have a win. 

Interesting article in today's (Tennessean) newspaper about coaches who are struggling now like Vanderbilt and Memphis. Memphis coach had a lot to say about the older players not wanting to help the newbies. This "new"  era of college basketball seems like a real mess all around.  

12/09/2021 4:26 pm  #65

Traveling for work and couldn't follow game. The way I get my updates on whether or not we won is by coming onto this site and: if dude is constantly posting throughout the game I know we won. If dude is as quiet as a church mouse after tip-off, I know we lost.

We should get another 2 consec wins against 2 bad teams in Radford and UMES. Hopefully this will get JC's message across to the team that this is a team game and when they move the ball around, execute their game plan and play defense, the results will come. The A-10 schedule won't be as easy as the non-conf games have been.

12/09/2021 5:12 pm  #66

Good win. Can't be complacent. On to the next one!

Board footera