GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/12/2022 7:43 pm  #41

Re: Postponements

Worth noting that starting Monday the Philly schools will require proof of vaccination (unclear if that includes booster shots) to get in to games. A negative PCR will no longer cut it there. FYI for anyone going to the St Joe´s game.

1/14/2022 9:50 am  #42

1/14/2022 2:38 pm  #43

I bet you a whole lot of people will be upset and now have to change their plans!

1/14/2022 3:14 pm  #44

GW 2022 HOF ceremony officially postponed https://t.co/9lIbhFTNo8

1/14/2022 4:17 pm  #45

Pretty sure, in the same vein of the Ira lee thread, that "losing our homecourt advantage to Covid" will be trotted out as the major excuse for this year's shitshow at season's end, even though fan restrictions are faced by most other D1 men's basketball programs.
Who really knows how the season would have panned out if Lee played, Covid was kept under wraps and we had that teeming sea of fans the Smith Center has come to (not) see on game day? Likewise the torture of considering what ML would have done with the trajectory he was on (a moan of which I am also frequently guilty)? We should stop trying to prove negatives and just consider the evidence in front of us.
For the last five years, we are lacking Xs and Os, leadership on the court and in the admin, in-game adjustments, poor player morale. To me COVID is a straw man, because every team is dealing with it.

1/14/2022 6:07 pm  #46

And the women have "entered the COVID protocol". First casualty is their game at St Bona.

Board footera