GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/11/2022 8:24 pm  #81

Re: GW vs VCU Game Thread

We needed to show progress this year.   If anything, we are regressing.  There is little basketball justification to not make a change.  

1/11/2022 8:25 pm  #82

How many fouls does Freeman have to sit?
Knapp, a proven D1_player and Nixon can't sniff the court?

1/11/2022 8:26 pm  #83

jf wrote:

I had similar thoughts about Nixon. There's no way he's as bad as the product we have on the floor to not be playing. We've got to start getting him minutes and try to develop him somewhat.

1/11/2022 8:27 pm  #84

jf wrote:

He's got three fouls right now. So do Lindo and Dean. I'm not sure what benefit there is to sitting players on three fouls when you're losing by 27

1/11/2022 8:27 pm  #85

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

We needed to show progress this year.   If anything, we are regressing.  There is little basketball justification to not make a change.  

Basketball justification lol

gay AD + nice coach who doesn't yell at his players > winning

until further notice 

1/11/2022 8:28 pm  #86

Nearly 26 minutes into the game, 16 turnovers, 13 made baskets.   

1/11/2022 8:28 pm  #87

"I am confident in Coach Christian’s ability to build a sustainable program that is in the national conversation again soon.”

She never did say whether the national conversation would be positive or negative.

1/11/2022 8:29 pm  #88

VCU has more offensive rebounds than we do defensive rebounds. That number is getting tighter

1/11/2022 8:31 pm  #89

Mentzinger wrote:

until further notice 

Not sure what the AD being gay has to do with anything but ok

1/11/2022 8:33 pm  #90

gwstudent2024 wrote:

Mentzinger wrote:

until further notice 

Not sure what the AD being gay has to do with anything but ok

You don't? You new here?

1/11/2022 8:34 pm  #91

Wow, oil changes in Richmond are cheap!
(also, Bishop might get a double-double: 10 missed shots and 10 turnovers)

1/11/2022 8:35 pm  #92

Feinstein pretty has us pegged in terms of our play and players.

1/11/2022 8:36 pm  #93

How ya like that free money GW +17.5 heck yeah!
Lit UP!

1/11/2022 8:36 pm  #94

MG14 wrote:

Excuse my naivety but do schools of our caliber/level often use their endownment to buyout athletic staff?

I think it depends on how the funds are earmarked but probably not.  I would think most higher level athletic programs are self-sustained through booster donations so they don't touch the general budget of the university.   We don't have that luxury so a buyout would have to come from the school's general budget and if extra funds are needed they could come from the endowment.  I would say a request to tap the endowment to pay for a buyout of a team the school's leadership doesn't really care about doesn't seem like it would be approved.  If I remember correctly ML requested chartered flights for a long time and the school never ponied up the dough for that even when we were winning.

1/11/2022 8:38 pm  #95

Not sure I see the "gay" factor either, other than the prior AD and current AD are gay.  Don't see why that would impact Tonya not wanting the program to succeed.  Whether she is capable of doing so is a different issue.  I think the issue is the school's commitment to the basketball program is the driving issue.  If the school is committed, they make a change.  If not committed, well then we have long term problems.

1/11/2022 8:39 pm  #96

We may be down 24, but how many games can we say we saw both Dean and Samuels score

1/11/2022 8:40 pm  #97

Nice to see Knapp getting a run out there even if the shot he took didn't fall

1/11/2022 8:41 pm  #98

Not sure I see the "gay" factor either, other than the prior AD and current AD are gay.  Don't see why that would impact Tonya not wanting the program to succeed.  Whether she is capable of doing so is a different issue.  I think the issue is the school's commitment to the basketball program is the driving issue.  If the school is committed, they make a change.  If not committed, well then we have long term problems.

I think there are some unknowledgeable yet important stakeholders who believe PN was "forced out" after trying to prevent ML from thrashing his players with hot irons and calling them names. I think there was at least one Title IX lawsuit alleging people were denied promotions in GW's athletic department because they were not gay.
Am I imagining these things? That's totally possible with this program.

1/11/2022 8:43 pm  #99

Good to see this 9-0 run, instead of a team giving up.

I'll take whatever positives can be derived, life's too short to whine about 19 year old student athletes getting beat by a much better team of 20 year old student athletes.

Knapp! a firestorm!!

Last edited by The Dude (1/11/2022 8:46 pm)

1/11/2022 8:47 pm  #100

Lets win the half at least.  Or cover the spread.  Any moral victory is welcome at this time.

Board footera