GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/14/2022 2:19 pm  #1

Get Rid of Tanya Vogel

We are never going to improve as an athletic program until the administration gets rid of Vogel. She was unqualified from the start and a "convenient" pick after Nero's embarrassing exit.

Take a look at a sampling of our sports programs right now - the one's that students/fans actually care about.

On the men's side -
basketball 12-18
soccer 5-10-2
baseball 5-10

No better on the women's side -
basketball 13-18
soccer - 3-12-3
volleyball - 2-25
softball - 7-10
lacrosse - 1-5

3/14/2022 2:28 pm  #2

Re: Get Rid of Tanya Vogel

Indelicately titled thread, but I agree. If for no other reason than she was PN's deputy, she needs to be gone. (There are lots of other reasons, including those reflected in the data.)

3/16/2022 1:12 pm  #3

OK- I assume that a lot of the anger from Rising and others stems from the fact that TV also stinks. Is there a reasonable argument to be made that TV will stick around for the hiring of a coach and then be given the boot? Firing TV before would only make it take longer to get a new coach in. I may be entirely off base, and am comfortable there. But just throwing out the possibility.

3/16/2022 1:44 pm  #4

Giving her input or letting her make the hiring decision will be an absolute disaster and continue this nightmare for another 3-4 years.

However, based on GW's past track record, Tanya will hire the next coach and will be fired in the next year or 2. The new AD will then have to wait for that coach's contract to expire because we can't afford the payout.

3/16/2022 2:08 pm  #5

danjsport, we should not lose sight of the fact that we have an interim president in place.  I can't imagine that he would allow TV to be involved in selecting a new coach and then releasing her shortly thereafter.  For those who have pitchforks coming after TV, I suspect that a new president would need to be in place for at least a year before TV goes anywhere (unless she were to leave on her own).

Board footera