GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/14/2022 3:28 pm  #1

Coaching Changes Thread

The Coaching Changes around the nation are in full swing, here's a thread for them

Frank Martin was just fired at South Carolina. Lost to Gonzaga in the Final Four just 5 years ago, but the only NCAA trip.  Not an easy place to win, South Carolina in the SEC, and he was very successful at Kansas State, so he'll be a pretty coveted Coach I'd imagine.  

3/14/2022 8:49 pm  #2

Re: Coaching Changes Thread

Mike White is out at Florida and has already accepted the Georgia job, lighting turnaround

Good hire for Georgia, White's a good Coach, surprised to see him gone from Florida.  White's career record: 243-127

Michael Fly is also out at FGCU,  also a surprise. 22-11 this year.  

3/14/2022 9:14 pm  #3

The Dude wrote:

Mike White is out at Florida and has already accepted the Georgia job, lighting turnaround

Good hire for Georgia, White's a good Coach, surprised to see him gone from Florida.  White's career record: 243-127

I’m not a Mike White fan. Will be surprised if he’s still coaching at Georgia in 5 years. He’s fine, but I think he’s a better fit at a lower level.  Made a lot of weird decisions with how Florida played and certainly had the talent to make the tourney, but his team just always seemed off to me.

3/14/2022 9:34 pm  #4

Free Quebec wrote:

The Dude wrote:

I’m not a Mike White fan. Will be surprised if he’s still coaching at Georgia in 5 years. He’s fine, but I think he’s a better fit at a lower level. Made a lot of weird decisions with how Florida played and certainly had the talent to make the tourney, but his team just always seemed off to me.

Mike White did take Florida to the Elite 8, in his 2nd year and then won NCAA tourney games in each of  the next 3 years. (they were tourney bound in the canceled year as well) 
Florida lost the pre-season SEC player of the year Keyontae Johnson at the outset of last year, Johnson has still not returned to the court, really changed the course of the Florida program.  

Hopefully Johnson recovers he's still viewed as an NBA lottery pick if healthy

Last edited by The Dude (3/14/2022 9:35 pm)

Board footera