GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/16/2022 8:19 am  #1

Colonials in the Portal

No surprise but Joe Bamisile is in the portal.

More to come I assume…

3/16/2022 8:20 am  #2

3/21/2022 3:03 pm  #3

Re: Colonials in the Portal

Brayon Freeman in the portal

Ricky Lindo in the portal

3/21/2022 3:15 pm  #4

thats the part that hurts. Like these guys

3/21/2022 3:25 pm  #5

Two wins next year.

3/21/2022 3:25 pm  #6

maybe this is what the athletic department was buzzing about today lol.

3/21/2022 3:28 pm  #7

Freeman does say there is still the option of returning

3/21/2022 3:34 pm  #8

Florida Colonial wrote:

Freeman does say there is still the option of returning

Where did you see that?

3/21/2022 3:36 pm  #9

3/21/2022 3:38 pm  #10

Thought Lindo wanted to turn pro after this year, as such. He was gone with JC and prob didn't like being a lone big man at times to mix it up down low.
Brayon Freeman would be the biggest loss as a freshman with potential.
He should stay and play with a new coach who knows how to win in front of his family.

3/21/2022 3:47 pm  #11

jf wrote:

Thought Lindo wanted to turn pro after this year, as such. He was gone with JC and prob didn't like being a lone big man at times to mix it up down low.

Agree about Lindo.  JC repeatedly said that Ricky's next move was to go pro.  Maybe he's entering the portal to keep his options open in case a pro contract doesn't come through but it also suggests the possibility that he would've transferred even if JC had stayed and that would've looked even worse.

Last edited by GW0509 (3/21/2022 4:01 pm)

3/21/2022 4:13 pm  #12

Counting Lindo and Adams, we're losing:

42.5ppg (62% of our total scoring)
18.8 rebounds/game (56.5% of total rebounding)
8.5 apg (69% of total assits)
4.7 steals/game (68% of steals)
2.7 bpg (64% of total blocks)

If Bishop announces that's 86.5% of our total scoring gone. No idea how we're going to replace all of that

3/21/2022 4:32 pm  #13

MG14 wrote:

Counting Lindo and Adams, we're losing:

42.5ppg (62% of our total scoring)
18.8 rebounds/game (56.5% of total rebounding)
8.5 apg (69% of total assits)
4.7 steals/game (68% of steals)
2.7 bpg (64% of total blocks)

If Bishop announces that's 86.5% of our total scoring gone. No idea how we're going to replace all of that

Supposedly Adams has another year left which I was unaware of. These numbers would improve slightly if he were to stay.

3/21/2022 4:48 pm  #14

If GW hires the right guy this time (very iffy), some of the guys in the portal will stay. I love the posts about not hiring a guy who will be so successful here that he might leave in a few years. Gimme a break. I guess we should stick to our old pattern of picking coaches who are so unsuccessful that they're not wanted anywhere else-- not even here. Let's win first and worry about the aftermath later. Four coaches in six years. Disgraceful!!!

3/21/2022 4:50 pm  #15

And sadly, there didn't have to be any post-NIT changes to begin with.

3/21/2022 4:52 pm  #16

Is anyone really surprised by this?
No worries, Bishop will stay and be able to pad his numbers with a few D-2 and D-3 transfers we pick up.

3/21/2022 6:27 pm  #17

moneybox wrote:

If GW hires the right guy this time (very iffy), some of the guys in the portal will stay. I love the posts about not hiring a guy who will be so successful here that he might leave in a few years. Gimme a break. I guess we should stick to our old pattern of picking coaches who are so unsuccessful that they're not wanted anywhere else-- not even here. Let's win first and worry about the aftermath later. Four coaches in six years. Disgraceful!!!

Finally, some common sense!!  If we hire someone who justgot sacked, of course, they are looking to show that they have it. If it works out for a couple years, then we can say that it wasn't him, it was the school. At least for two years, I can watch some ball without screaming my head off. The AD's job is to find a waym to get me in the seats at the Smith Center. 

3/22/2022 10:45 am  #18

Could Brayon choose the “better program” and transfer to George Mason !?

@travisbranham_
George Washington transfer Brayon Freeman has already heard from Arizona State, Pittsburgh, DePaul, Cincinnati, St. Bonaventure, George Mason, Fordham and Iona, he tells @247SportsPortal.

Averaged 10.3 points, 2.3 rebounds and 3.7 assists this season as a true freshman.

3/22/2022 10:56 am  #19

GW0509 wrote:

Could Brayon choose the “better program” and transfer to George Mason !?

@travisbranham_
George Washington transfer Brayon Freeman has already heard from Arizona State, Pittsburgh, DePaul, Cincinnati, St. Bonaventure, George Mason, Fordham and Iona, he tells @247SportsPortal.

Averaged 10.3 points, 2.3 rebounds and 3.7 assists this season as a true freshman.

Would not shock me in the least. Joe Bam is hearing from big-time schools in the B10, SEC, BE and B12.

3/22/2022 11:46 am  #20

Board footera