GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2022 1:40 pm  #61

Re: Colonials in the Portal

Free Quebec wrote:

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

Mike K wrote:

According to Jon Rothstein, Joe B "plans to visit Oklahoma in the next few weeks."

I guess that means that Bamisile's conversation with Caputo did not convince him to stay.  Don't know what GW has that can compete with the likes of an Oklahoma, or any power conference school.   

A guaranteed role and a school that he likes.

I actually find the fit with Oklahoma a little odd since Porter Moser runs such a structured and slow offense. I think maybe he loosened the reins a little bit last year compared to his time at Loyola, but they were still just 287th in tempo.

Feels to me like Joe will thrive best in a free flowing, uptempo attack, but obviously I’m just a fan and have no idea what it is about Oklahoma that’s drawing him.

He very well may have a guaranteed role in a school that he likes by staying at GW.  And presumably he has friends at GW., both on and off the Court    And yes, Oklahoma may not be the best fit for him.   On the other hand, everything I observed about Bamisile seems to indicate that he likes the soptlight and he likes playing in big games, and my guess is he will like the marketing money that he will earn at a bigger school.   Just not sure that what GW does offer can compete with that.

Last edited by Long Suffering Fan (4/07/2022 1:47 pm)

4/07/2022 4:22 pm  #62

Gotta say that Joe leaving and the possibility of Brayon in addition was up until very recently pretty 
upsetting/disappointing.Right now I’m feeling positive about the future of the program whether they 
stay or leave.Call me crazy-many have!!

4/07/2022 5:01 pm  #63

GW69 wrote:

Gotta say that Joe leaving and the possibility of Brayon in addition was up until very recently pretty 
upsetting/disappointing.Right now I’m feeling positive about the future of the program whether they 
stay or leave.Call me crazy-many have!!

Hey GW69, I am with you.

Iowa State went from 2-22 in 2020-21 to 22-13 and round of 16 in NCAAs in 2021-22. The lineup was all transfers.
Why not GW? 
Let me know if you need to borrow my rose-colored glasses. Looking forward to my first season following GW men's basketball.

4/07/2022 6:21 pm  #64

Ira Lee officially in the portal

4/07/2022 6:24 pm  #65

MG14 wrote:

Ira Lee officially in the portal

That's interesting, I thought he had left the team or something like that. I hope he stays, but as usual, good luck if not! 

4/07/2022 9:32 pm  #66

Thought someone posted he left school.
Maybe was taking online classes or something.

4/07/2022 11:42 pm  #67

I'm not sure if Ira has been enrolled at GW but he wasn't on the roster for the spring semester nor was he on the bench for games. I was surprised to even see him entering the transfer portal to be honest...

He has one year of eligibility remaining (I think... if I am wrong please correct me) but I was expecting him to try to play professionally somewhere or just move on, although I guess he's just keeping his options open

Last edited by gwstudent2024 (4/08/2022 9:49 am)

4/11/2022 10:31 am  #68

Joe just posted a picture of himself on his Instagram story with the caption of "6 PM". I'd imagine that's when he'll announce where he's headed next

4/11/2022 10:33 am  #69

My guess if it was GW he would announce it before or during the news conference. Lets see if he shows up

4/12/2022 5:44 pm  #70

Ira Lee commits to Charleston.  Random.

@RoccoMiller8
Ira Lee, who had a four-year career at Arizona and ruptured his patella tendon in his one season with George Washington, has now committed to play his final season for Pat Kelsey and the Charleston Cougars in 22-23. #CAA

Last edited by GW0509 (4/12/2022 5:45 pm)

4/15/2022 5:13 pm  #71

I don't think this has been posted anywhere on here yet but Brayon posted a picture on his Instagram story last night in a plane with the location tagged as Providence, Rhode Island. He posted again in a car from Jamestown, Rhode Island today. I'd assume he's visiting a school (or schools) in RI. URI? Providence? Bryant?

4/15/2022 5:21 pm  #72

Ira Lee, who may or may not have been injured playing pickup at home, guess is not missing the 
West Coast. 
Brayon would be really good to stay home and play in front of his mom, family and friends. He would be even more valued here and more highlighted effective in Caputo's offense.

4/15/2022 5:53 pm  #73

jf wrote:

Ira Lee, who may or may not have been injured playing pickup at home, guess is not missing the 
West Coast. 
Brayon would be really good to stay home and play in front of his mom, family and friends. He would be even more valued here and more highlighted effective in Caputo's offense.

Brayon was certainly fun to watch but since Caputo has never been a collegiate head coach, hard to know what his offense at GW will be or whether his vision includes and accommodates the remaining returning players and in the transfer portal. One of Miller’s new assistants at URI worked under Rick Pitino at Louisville and is supposedly well connected in the DMV. Hmmmm. Heard that before. Caputo has made an early favorable impression with his words and endorsements. But he will be reconstructing the roster to fit his style and game plan so as much as I liked our local star, not counting on his return. New coach. New day.

4/15/2022 5:58 pm  #74

jf wrote:

West Coast. 

Brayon would be really good to do what's best for him and his family, which may or may not mean staying at GW. No one is really in a place to say what's best for him other than himself.

4/15/2022 7:24 pm  #75

Brayon posted on his Instagram a series of photos with him in a Rhode Island uniform with the caption "Rhody Nation, Wassupp? [Ram emoji] #notcommitted"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcY-NJ_sC7j/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

He might not be committed but that is not a good sign

Last edited by CAM (4/15/2022 7:27 pm)

4/15/2022 7:27 pm  #76

Lots of schools to choose from. URI would be a big FU. Not a big fan of the inter-conference transfer rule being removed.

4/15/2022 7:38 pm  #77

Looks like he is as good as gone, too bad.

4/15/2022 7:40 pm  #78

Florida Colonial wrote:

Lots of schools to choose from. URI would be a big FU. Not a big fan of the inter-conference transfer rule being removed.

Doesn´t GW have to issue a waiver for a transfer to be elligible immediately? Seems to me like this would be one of those rare times you do not issue the waiver. Tansfer? Fine. Transfer in-conference? Not cool.

4/15/2022 8:04 pm  #79

Very disappointing!!From “Bye Bye Birdie”—“What’s  the matter with kids today”.Actually the kids are very
savvy-they have learned from the adults that they are just products.

4/15/2022 8:31 pm  #80

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

Florida Colonial wrote:

Doesn´t GW have to issue a waiver for a transfer to be elligible immediately? Seems to me like this would be one of those rare times you do not issue the waiver. Tansfer? Fine. Transfer in-conference? Not cool.

I believe that is only for second time transfers, although I could be wrong. However, I don't disagree with you. I'll support Brayon anywhere but it will hurt if he transfers to another A-10 school

Board footera