GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/04/2022 2:42 pm  #1

Nice article on the new GW Prez and athletics/hoops

4/05/2022 5:56 am  #2

Re: Nice article on the new GW Prez and athletics/hoops

I found this to be a bit of a self-own. Like: I've never driven a sport car before.
“I found it to be incredibly impressive,” Wrighton said of the athletics department in a January interview. “I’ve never been on the faculty or certainly not president of any institution that has Division I athletics.”
 And this jackwad is still around? How are all these Neroites still working at GW?
Athletics Department spokesman Brian Sereno declined to comment on attendance levels at University sporting events at the Smith Center this academic year.

4/05/2022 6:29 am  #3

Mentzinger wrote:

I found this to be a bit of a self-own. Like: I've never driven a sport car before.
“I found it to be incredibly impressive,” Wrighton said of the athletics department in a January interview. “I’ve never been on the faculty or certainly not president of any institution that has Division I athletics.”
 And this jackwad is still around? How are all these Neroites still working at GW?
Athletics Department spokesman Brian Sereno declined to comment on attendance levels at University sporting events at the Smith Center this academic year.

Look if Wrighton does any of the following he will have done an amazing job: Rally the faculty and students, Looks under rocks, Challenges the way Rice Hall does things or Enables the hiring of a top flight president. But, I'm with Metz when I saw this quote I choked. How now do fresh eyes touch athletics and esp Men's Basketball? He just told us he has no frame of reference when it comes to D1 AND worse that he was impressed by what he saw!

My hope is that by asking basic questions in his role as a transition president his bullshit detector will shake the stars from his eyes. For the record I don't know the people in the athletic department. Are they good or bad? I don't know. However, after the Nero debacle and cutting 7 sports I'd have thought a lot of fresh blood was in order.

4/05/2022 12:41 pm  #4

Not surprised.
Same old sh*t, different leadership.
Like I've been saying for 6 years now, we need to demo the entire athletic department (Vogel, Serrano and company) and start the re-build process from ground up.
Until then, our program remains in the crapper.

4/05/2022 1:28 pm  #5

Brian Sereno has a job so GW can fill the silly hat quotas enforced by Title IX.

Speaking of the Communications Department, what I always wondered was why the Director of Basketball Operations under JC was a former member of the communications staff in the Athletic Department.  Don't know anything about her, so I could be wrong, but always seemed kind of a strange hire. 

4/05/2022 5:06 pm  #6

Brian, TV, and Forest are all guilty in trashing athletics at GW and all need to be replaced

4/05/2022 5:15 pm  #7

porter71 wrote:

Brian Sereno has a job so GW can fill the silly hat quotas enforced by Title IX.

Speaking of the Communications Department, what I always wondered was why the Director of Basketball Operations under JC was a former member of the communications staff in the Athletic Department.  Don't know anything about her, so I could be wrong, but always seemed kind of a strange hire. 

I don't think it really matters. As long as you're willing to work long hours for little pay and come from a family that makes that tolerable, that's all that matters.

Board footera