GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/01/2022 12:50 pm  #21

Re: Question for GWRising and/or other GW Fans

GWRising wrote:

22ndandF wrote:

Question for everyone. It seems a little late now, but could Coach Caputo is finished recruiting?  With Bryon transferred to URI, I would hope that he'll at least add a credible point guard, if one's still available. I hate to come off as negative, but I don't see how this particular team could expect to successfully compete without a skilled point guard.

I would not think he's done trying but the options are getting slimmer and slimmer at this point I would imagine. Point guards that can really play at this level are in short supply generally and the good ones in the portal get snapped up quick. Again, I don't see CC compromising just to take a body now. 

GW Rising, thank you for the insight.  It's obviously a big if, but if CC's not able to sign a good PG, do you feel this team, as currently composed, can compete effectively this upcoming season?  

7/01/2022 1:09 pm  #22

22ndandF wrote:

GWRising wrote:

22ndandF wrote:

Question for everyone. It seems a little late now, but could Coach Caputo is finished recruiting?  With Bryon transferred to URI, I would hope that he'll at least add a credible point guard, if one's still available. I hate to come off as negative, but I don't see how this particular team could expect to successfully compete without a skilled point guard.

I would not think he's done trying but the options are getting slimmer and slimmer at this point I would imagine. Point guards that can really play at this level are in short supply generally and the good ones in the portal get snapped up quick. Again, I don't see CC compromising just to take a body now. 

GW Rising, thank you for the insight.  It's obviously a big if, but if CC's not able to sign a good PG, do you feel this team, as currently composed, can compete effectively this upcoming season?  

Probably not.

7/01/2022 5:22 pm  #23

The team couldn’t compete last year with the point guards they had. Is much prefer CC take his time to try and get the players he wants, rather than build around crap he can get now.

While i would have given jc through four years (as I think should be done for all coaches), I think he often took players to take em and then tried to figure it out later.

7/01/2022 5:57 pm  #24

Danj makes an interesting point.
Recall that Jarvis, Hobbs and ML, by and large with some exceptions, aimed for players that fit into their system.
In the most recent example, ML also adjusted his strategy into the players he had, when necessary.

Board footera