GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/13/2022 6:55 pm  #41

Re: Kind of Underwhelming, No?

BGF wrote:

Florida Colonial wrote:

We lost Dubsky but we didn't lose Kaiser.. No chance there

I can confirm that. I am friends with the family and have watched his recruiting closely. A year ago, before Jamie blew up, we were definitely in the ball game, along with George Mason and Harvard among others. A lot has changed since then!

Now he’s became a top 50 player in his class, he’s going to IMG Academy next year to finish up high school, and he just had an outstanding game last night in the under armor showcase.

I couldn’t be happier for Jamie and the entire family.

WTF?!?!?
You have contact and (one presumes) pull with his family and you do not steer him to GW? TRAITOR!!!!!
I´d say we should ban Barry from the board, except it is his board. That is what the hip youngsters call a "conundrum".

In all seriousness, it was always going to be a crap shoot to see who Caputo was going to be able to land for 2022-23. So some that nibbled got away and not all that could have been reeled in took the bait hook, line, and sinker. I am more concerned on who Caputo is able to recruit for 2023-24 and beyond than what roster filler he was able to find this summer.

Last edited by GW Alum Abroad (8/13/2022 7:00 pm)

8/13/2022 9:50 pm  #42

Re: Kind of Underwhelming, No?

Haha...if I didn't know you for 30 years, I'd think you were serious. 

Don't get me wrong...I tried!

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

BGF wrote:

Florida Colonial wrote:

We lost Dubsky but we didn't lose Kaiser.. No chance there

I can confirm that. I am friends with the family and have watched his recruiting closely. A year ago, before Jamie blew up, we were definitely in the ball game, along with George Mason and Harvard among others. A lot has changed since then!

Now he’s became a top 50 player in his class, he’s going to IMG Academy next year to finish up high school, and he just had an outstanding game last night in the under armor showcase.

I couldn’t be happier for Jamie and the entire family.

WTF?!?!?
You have contact and (one presumes) pull with his family and you do not steer him to GW? TRAITOR!!!!!
I´d say we should ban Barry from the board, except it is his board. That is what the hip youngsters call a "conundrum".

In all seriousness, it was always going to be a crap shoot to see who Caputo was going to be able to land for 2022-23. So some that nibbled got away and not all that could have been reeled in took the bait hook, line, and sinker. I am more concerned on who Caputo is able to recruit for 2023-24 and beyond than what roster filler he was able to find this summer.

Board footera