GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/28/2022 10:50 am  #1

Today's Trivia Question

Remember, anyone can look up an answer to a trivia question, so I'm putting everyone on the honor system not to do this.  Here's today's question:

Entering the 2022-23, Gonzaga has the longest consecutive year streak of regular season conference championships (first place in the conference regular season), having won the WCC regular season title 10 straight years.  What school has the next longest streak of first place finishes in its conference?

10/28/2022 1:48 pm  #2

Re: Today's Trivia Question

It should be someone not in a power conference, more likely a team that was year in and year out superior to the other teams in the conference. I will guess Princeton in the Ivy.  My other thought was Temple in the A-10.

Last edited by Long Suffering Fan (10/28/2022 1:49 pm)

10/28/2022 1:52 pm  #3

LSF, you are correct that you should eliminate the power conferences.  However, neither Princeton nor Temple is correct.

I should clarify that I'm looking for the second longest current streak, after Gonzaga.

10/28/2022 1:56 pm  #4

Vermont?

10/28/2022 2:10 pm  #5

We have  a winner.  Nice job GW0509.  Vermont has won 6 consecutive regular season titles which is the second longest such streak in the country.

10/28/2022 2:25 pm  #6

What an honor! 

What's funny is it was actually my second thought after New Mexico State.  It was the "a team that was year in and year out superior to the other teams in the conference" clue that helped out. 

NMSU have won the regular season WAC 6 out of the last 8 seasons but failed to do so as recently as two years ago.  

Board footera