GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/27/2019 9:24 pm  #1

Thoughts on a New GW Era

GW hired one of the hottest young Coaches in the country.
We all know building a program back up takes several years, your recruits have to come and develop and that takes minimum of a few  years. 
I'd hope we afford this Coach the minimum few years that will take, I'm not worried about "lack of buzz" or even the W-L, but progress and upward tilt level recruiting.   
JC is going to get it done.  Long term the bigger concern is losing him, but we'll cross that road when we get there. 
Onward and upward GW 
What say you all???

10/28/2019 10:30 am  #2

Re: Thoughts on a New GW Era

Completely agree.  I have felt somewhat disenfranchised as a fan for several years.  Win or lose this year, I believe that we have great leadership in the athletic department, and they in turn have made the right choices in launching this new era.

Very excited about what is to come.

10/28/2019 2:07 pm  #3

Agreed - looking forward to seeing growth this year and to seeing the new coaching staff in action.

10/28/2019 7:34 pm  #4

Glad to hear it, I think with the right attitude a smart rebuild is a lot of fun to see unfold as a fan.

10/29/2019 11:25 am  #5

We finally have a coach after 3 years running a ruderless ship. That counts for a lot. The talent is not entirely there yet but I like this group better than last year's. If JC can recruit at this level then watch out! I believe good days are ahead it just may take a little time to dig out of the untenable hole the previous AD placed us in. I think reasonable expectations are that we will win more games than last year (15-18) but more importantly we will get the program headed back in the right direction. This will help recruiting and will accelerate the climb towards returning to the top 4-5 teams in the A-10 year in and year-out.

10/29/2019 3:26 pm  #6

The Seniors come from ML
The Juniors and Soph Mojo.
The Frosh JC
The point of the thread was to move forward, not to repeat the same tired, talking points and fixation on the past, former ADs etc etc.

10/29/2019 3:36 pm  #7

Dude, give it a rest. 
Now that Jenny and company are gone things have been relatively smooth on this site. Us old timers know you too well after all these years. Don't scare away the few posters we have left from the good years and quit making excuses for JC before he has coached his last game. That's what you did for Mojo the last 3 years and what you did for Nero before the new Pres shoved him out the door.

GWRising, your post was spot on. It may take some time but we will eventually overcome the ditch we were placed in by Nero, Knapp and Maltzman (may they all rest in peace).

10/29/2019 3:45 pm  #8

Dude to be fair, here is the break down ...

Toro - ML (but never played for ML)
Williams - ML (but never played for ML)
Potter - MJ
Langarica - MJ
Jack - MJ
Mazzulla - MJ
Offurum - MJ
Seymour -JC
Harris - JC
Nelson - JC
Paar - MJ (but never played for MJ)
Battle - MJ (but never played for MJ)
Walker - JC
Mitola - ML (but never played for ML)
Stallings - JC
Gally - JC
Sasser - MJ

10/31/2019 4:37 pm  #9

The whole point of the thread was to look forward to a new era, to leave behind the fixation on the past and to allow the program to move forward as fans.

Thanks to BGF in advance in those efforts

Last edited by The Dude (10/31/2019 10:42 pm)

Board footera