GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/01/2019 1:25 pm  #1

URI transfer update

Per Jeff Goodman, URI transfer Walker ineligible for 1st semester and  other transfer Sheppard ineligible for entire season. Not sure how much of an impact that will have since URI is loaded but shortens their Bench for sure

11/01/2019 1:41 pm  #2

Re: URI transfer update

Jeff Goodman@GoodmanHoops 46s
Been told by a source that Georgetown didn’t fully admit to a run-off with Walker and that’s why he didn’t get waiver to play at start of season.

11/01/2019 5:22 pm  #3

Re: URI transfer update

I don't know about Sheppard, but I'm assuming that Antwan Walker is projected be a big contributor at Rhode Island this year at SF or PF. What's interesting is, Georgetown made it seem as if Antwan Walker was dismissed for disciplinary reasons, and Antwan Walker's camp is saying that Georgetown forced him out..Who Is Telling The Truth Here?? A lot of the responders on Jeff Goodman's tweet are siding with Antwan Walker. I believe Georgetown ran him off/dismissed him before last season even started, he never suited up, so I thought he'd be eligible as soon as this season started. I guess this is definitive proof that a school that forces out a player really can help that player get a waiver to play immediately.

Board footera