GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/01/2019 5:55 pm  #1

Smith Center Discussion + Renovations

Small improvements but it does look better. Lots of white- will be a pain to maintain but it adds a cool look

11/02/2019 9:00 am  #2

Re: Smith Center Discussion + Renovations

I agree. The dark blue seats against the white background and white banners look great. I do wish they would cover some of the large white walls with either banners, posters, or maybe even a cool DC mural. The away fan endzone looks very plain and boring. A mural of a DC skyline or something basic and recognizable could be a cool addition. New scoreboard looks great.

11/08/2019 2:40 pm  #3

11/08/2019 4:10 pm  #4

Maria and her company are the best. Expect nothing but good stuff with the new food service giving allowance for some possible hiccups early on.

11/09/2019 8:17 pm  #5

The renovated concession area on the ground level is really nice.

11/09/2019 8:27 pm  #6

11/09/2019 8:34 pm  #7

WTF? Hummus? Brisket? What happend to the menu of last season´s leftover hotdogs and stale potato chips?

11/09/2019 8:43 pm  #8

Tenders and Tots cost as much as some of the tickets!

11/09/2019 8:45 pm  #9

The Dude wrote:

Tenders and Tots cost as much as some of the tickets!

I too was surprised with some of the prices. They're putting all this effort in with a focus group on how to attract more and new fans to GW games. Then they roll out concession prices like these.

They (probably) could get some good PR if they embraced the Atlanta Falcons model and came out with cheap concessions and wrote it off as building a fan base. Instead it's just almost gouging.

11/13/2019 9:54 am  #10

Anyone else find that the food is terrible? I had a pork slider last night that was completely dry. The bun was stale and cold. 

11/13/2019 10:14 am  #11

Dang prices are definitely on the higher end. Not something I would expect to attract anyone to the smith. If Jameer commits 10 turnovers does everyone get a free corndog?
For real though...hummus and pretzels for $11?? stella $10??

11/13/2019 11:43 pm  #12

Yeah, food was pretty bad. Tater tots were cold and chicken was poorly fried. Hard to mess those up. 14 bucks too. Won’t be eating there again. Beers are ridiculous as well.

11/14/2019 2:23 am  #13

I just take it as a given that prices at all sporting events are ridiculous.  
These are line with that, but the $14 buck price tag for chicken fingers with tots did catch my eye!  The $11 hummus & Pretzel seems a bit steep too!

11/14/2019 8:15 am  #14

You all are seeing this as the glass half empty.  Look at the positive side...if we can overcharge on concessions, we must be big time.

11/14/2019 10:56 am  #15

Agree with what's been said about the prices...why are we paying close to Nat's stadium dollars?  As for the food...the chicken tenders were average but I really did appreciate that they had mumbo sauce as a condiment.  However, the most substantial improvement has to be that you can bring your adult beverage to your seat!

12/22/2019 7:21 am  #16

I’m planning on attending an upcoming game and was wondering where the best place to sit is... at one game I’d like to sit with away fans (alumni of opponent)- can someone tell me what sections the away team uses?
And what’s the best section to sit in generally when rooting for GE? I’m new to the arena so any advice is appreciated!

12/22/2019 7:36 am  #17

who GE?  Maybe you meant to type GW, but then you're interested in sitting with away fans.

12/22/2019 12:55 pm  #18

No need to be obnoxious. That’s typically reserved for VCU fans in the A10.

12/22/2019 8:08 pm  #19

So I'm probably not the best person to answer this question since I don't live in DC and don't get to go to a lot of games (so someone else please correct me if I am wrong), but as far as sitting with the visitors, probably the best place is to sit in Section 101 or 102 behind the visiting team's bench.

Hope this helps.

12/24/2019 10:08 am  #20

The first few rows behind the opponents bench  are for the away fans.   Rarely does the away team fill that entire section, given how weak the home schedule is.  In fact, rarely does the home team fill an entire section (unless their is free food for the students).   I am a big fan of the Smith Center.   A great place to watch a college basketball game.  A somewhat intimate setting but clearly a college arena.  When packed, it provides an incredible home court advantage.   Sadly, GW remains a couple of years away from playing a meaningful game (unless you consider playing for that first round bye to be big), so plenty of good seats available for all games.

Board footera