GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/08/2023 8:55 pm  #21

Re: GW vs Richmond Game Thread

They are beating us 1:on 1 and we’re not helping out 

2/08/2023 9:20 pm  #22

57 points for Bishop and Adams. Hope none of you took the under!

2/08/2023 9:25 pm  #23

When’s the last time GW had two 30+ point scorers in the same game?

2/08/2023 9:45 pm  #24

Have our starters ever outscored our bench by 100 points before?!?

2/08/2023 9:47 pm  #25

No

2/08/2023 9:47 pm  #26

One of the greatest entertaining GW games I've witnessed

What a win!!!

2/08/2023 9:49 pm  #27

Insane game. And Thank You Mr. Bishop.

2/08/2023 9:52 pm  #28

OK. While Adams hot night will be the talk of the town, this game was won because Bishop was unselfish with the ball, getting 10 assists, 9 of them in the first 35 mins of the game. Max gets a steak dinner for his 15 rebounds.
This team is much more fun to watch than the last couple of seasons, even if it is erratic and sometimes plays some duds.
Hail to the Buff! Hail to the Blue!!!

2/08/2023 9:52 pm  #29

33 points, 10 assists for Bishop, 35 and 6 for Adams, 18 points and 13 rebounds for Lindo. What a fun game to watch!!!

Last edited by DC Native (2/08/2023 10:04 pm)

2/08/2023 9:59 pm  #30

The Dude wrote:

One of the greatest entertaining GW games I've witnessed

What a win!!!

Someone obviously did not see the 4OT Davidson game, or the Elliot steal and toss at X or the win at Mich St in 1988 or the wins over #1 ranked umASS (home and away) or Shawnta´s shot or UNC-C´s flaying elbows or Mary Jo´s putback in the NCAA´s or...
Winning in 2OT is always entertaining, but letting a secondary player like Grace have a career night (seems to happen a few times every season) is not "great" but annoying. Also, this erases Kwame and Collucci from the record books, so for us old farts it is a sign of our advanced age.

Last edited by GW Alum Abroad (2/08/2023 10:00 pm)

2/08/2023 10:02 pm  #31

Gritty team win, on fumes. Congrats BA on nabbing that school record for made 3s. Bishop with 33 and 10 (?!?) and always clutch as hell. Double double for Ricky (and he didn't foul out!).

Last edited by Mentzinger (2/08/2023 10:03 pm)

2/08/2023 10:04 pm  #32

Students missed an intense, close, college basketball game. Games like this create fans.  2 OTs, and what is most important, we won.

2/08/2023 10:07 pm  #33

Tennessee Colonial wrote:

Students missed an intense, close, college basketball game. Games like this create fans.  2 OTs, and what is most important, we won.

Crowd was very sparse at tipoff, but ended up being pretty standard for a weeknight game. The students that were there were very into it at the end and during the OTs.

2/08/2023 10:15 pm  #34

Other great OT games was our win at Syracuse in a preseason NIT game. It was also Jim Boeheim's birthday and we were a sacrificial lamb for the 12th ranked Orange. Dicky V announced the game. His comment "I like Koul" was great. Alex Kouls first game. Another V quote was, "I think Jim Boeheim birthday cake has firecrackers on it instead of candles" after we won. Another great game was a double OT game at Xavier before they joined the conference. 

2/08/2023 10:22 pm  #35

Followed game with my ESPN app on phone. Great game. Did I see Edwards with 19 rebounds? Hope he doesn't decide to transfer

2/08/2023 10:29 pm  #36

oldish wrote:

Have our starters ever outscored our bench by 100 points before?!?

Has this question ever been asked before?  I think what made this game so incredible to attend was that both teams were knocking down shots when you didn’t expect it. There were very few dry spells in the game where neither team scored so the action kept coming.  And by the way, for 39 minutes the refs were horrible.  They were still horrible the last ten—but more even-handedly horrible.

Last edited by Merrick (2/08/2023 10:30 pm)

2/08/2023 10:33 pm  #37

MVCOLONIAL wrote:

Followed game with my ESPN app on phone. Great game. Did I see Edwards with 19 rebounds? Hope he doesn't decide to transfer

Edwards was great on the boards. Unlike our usual tendencies he did a great job of going up and grabbing the ball.

I also highly doubt he’ll transfer away. He more or less recruited fellow OSL’er Christian Jones to come play with him at GW next year.

2/08/2023 10:39 pm  #38

Gutsy win with only 8 scholarship players, and only 5 can score. How about that football line of scrimmage out of bounds play? Very creativel.

2/08/2023 10:39 pm  #39

That was a fun game all around. 200+ points is going to be fun no matter who's playing.

Bishop, as some of you have pointed out, was very unselfish which led to him having a career night in assists. Shot the ball well on top of that. Brendan Adams was UNREAL from three tonight. 9-12 has to be a career high from him. He couldn't be stopped.

Lindo and Edwards were key on the boards (Max had one huge rebound towards the end of the 2nd OT) though I wish their FTs would've gone down. Big shoutout to Lindo for recognizing that he isn't a 3-point shooter. He drove to the basket and used his physicality to create scoring opportunities. Need so much more of that going forward. He only took one 3 and I believe that was when the shot clock was running down.

Only negative is that our bigs made Matt Grace look like Brook Lopez. I was losing my mind over the fact that Caputo didn't switch Lindo onto him earlier in the game. He was toying with Dean and Brown for the entire game. The moment we switch Lindo on to him in OT he slows down. Thought that was obvious but that's the only real issue I had.

All in all a great team win. The boys should be feeling good after that one

2/08/2023 10:44 pm  #40

Low student crowd because over half of the kids who usually go to games had Greek life stuff. Good crowd for a Wednesday with that in mind

Board footera