GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/10/2023 10:29 am  #61

Re: GW vs Richmond Game Thread

I would be remiss if I didn't add my two cents to the game.   It may not have been the most meaningful but this had to be one of the most exciting games of basketball I have ever seen, and I have been to hundreds of games over the years.  When the game opened up with their seven footer hitting a three point shot as the shot clock was expiring, I was saying here we go again...another long night.   And as usual, boy was I wrong.  The game was not only excitring, but played on a very high level by both teams.  I don't think either team  took more than a small handful of bad shots all night.  You could see the determinatkon on the faces of both teams.   Huge plays down the stretch by both teams.  It was the proverbial "Its too bad someone had to lose" game.  But what was really amazing was the play of our back court.  I don't remember a GW backcourt putting on a display like that in a very long time, if ever.  I can't say enough about Bishop.  I hope everyone appreciates how remarkable it is to not only have the leading scorer in the conference (and in the top 10 in the nation), but he is (I believe) 3rd in the conference in assists.   He has become very adept when double teamed of seeing the weak side cutter to the basket.  Its a shame that his only average 3 point range and some careless turnovers will hold him back some in the future.   As for Adams...for me, one of the things I love the best in all of sports is when an outside shooter gets hot and can carry a team for long stretches at a time.  9-12 had to be one of the greatest 3 point shooting displays I can ever remember for a Colonial, and he was closely guarded on most of those 12.  (Probably the best I remember is Kwame Evans shooting I think 6-7 in the opening round of the first NCAA tournament game GW had played in since before I started following the team).   I don't think it would be too far off to wall to believe that Adams may even have a higher post-GW upside than Bishop.  He is taller, stronger and has a much better three point shot.   And like Bishop, he can also create (but not on Bishop;s level).   
Just one more thing about the game.   We have an 8 man team.   In the second overtime, we already had 2 foul out and 2 on the floor with 4 fouls each.   Was anyone else doing the math and worring if the game went into triple overtime...
And finally, I would like to give a shout out to Coach Christian, who admittedly, I wasn't a big fan of his.  However, with all of his recruiting misses, he brought us this Bishop/Adams backcourt as well as an exceptional talent in Ricky Lindo, and for that I remain grateful.

Last edited by Long Suffering Fan (2/10/2023 10:31 am)

Board footera