GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/05/2019 2:19 pm  #1

It´s a new season!!!!!

Not sure how I feel about this season. This will be the first season since the early Jarvis years without Herve´s board-- and a big "f.u." to the wanker(s) who ruined it-- and the first with BGF´s spanking new board. The troika of Mario, Herve and BGF should probably get inducted in to the GW Hall of Fame. It is also the first season under the new management and with a roster that is as far removed from the NIT-winning run as Beto-mania is from occupying that house with the nice lawn just down Pennsyvania Ave from campus. In fact, I am not sure that even with a programme I´d be able to identify all the new faces.
And still, instead of being excited and optimistic for the new, clean sheet start that has GW currently unbeaten, I approach this season with a sense of urgent dread. Urgent in the sense that the program feels as if it needs to generate some excitement soon or face an even bigger climb to restore interest; and dread in that with an unproven roster and new coaching regime it might be a long time before this team gives us much to cheer about. Of course, one MUST believe game planning will be better thought out this season and that the off-court battles of cliques is now dutifully relegated to the dustbin of history, so those will be improvements.
Quite honestly, with the men I will take what comes (the chunky and the smoothe), but passionate interest might be better spent on the women´s side of the building as Coach Rizz has both a wealth of (on paper) talent while at the same time having her position hanging by a thread. The women could provide GW with drapery this season (we know better than to burden the men with that expectation) but it could also be a Howard Dean-like disaster (especially if last season is any indicator). 
In any case, I wish all of us here in Colonialdom the cheeriest of new seasons, thankful that BGF is providing us with our group therapy venue and hopeful that the fleas of a thousand camels infest the groin areas of every supporter of That School Down the Street.

Last edited by GW Alum Abroad (11/05/2019 2:20 pm)

Board footera