GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/06/2019 7:26 pm  #1

Jamion's Mt St Mary's Team vs G'Town

18-14 early huge upset brewing early.
CBSN for those looking for a game to watch.

11/06/2019 7:55 pm  #2

Re: Jamion's Mt St Mary's Team vs G'Town

MSM up 12 at the half! Reminds me of a 1st round tournament game. Georgetown has the size advantage but can’t buy a bucket.

11/06/2019 8:03 pm  #3

Mount St.Mary's now leads Georgetown 37-25 at the half!! They've had a double-digit lead for most of the 1st half. Georgetown is playing without one of its key players(LeBlanc), but this was a horrible effort in the 1st half. Georgetown was stuck on 14 points for like 7 or 8 minutes of game time, despite having a glaring height/physical advantage over Mount St.Mary's! Georgetown isn't ranked in any preseason polls, but this is supposed to be the year they make a strong push for an NCAA tournament bid. I haven't seen the numbers but I wouldn't be surprised if Georgetown shot below 30% from the field in the 1st half

You guys think Jamion Christian is watching this game, that involves a lot of his former players. HA

11/06/2019 8:08 pm  #4

Every early season game I’ve seen or heard about has been dominated by high turnovers and/or poor shooting by one or both teams

11/06/2019 8:13 pm  #5

They are expanding the lead! its been pretty amazing to watch.
At a glance Mount St Mary's does not look any less athletic than G'town.  A little undersized but can match up physically and athletically.
46-27 

11/06/2019 8:16 pm  #6

3 minutes into the 2nd half, and Mount St.Mary's has now extended the lead to 46-27!! Ewing couldn't make any halftime adjustments against The Mount??? GW0509 is right, this definitely looks like one of Georgetown's 1st Round NCAA Tournament Flameouts, but its November 6th!!

11/06/2019 8:32 pm  #7

This is a Matchup of #55 Kenpom vs #254

Didn't catch the spread, but must have been pretty large! Here comes G'town though storming back

11/06/2019 8:38 pm  #8

Georgetown was favored by 20

Georgetown stormed back and tied the game at 56, and I thought they were about to win by double digits, but The Mount is now up 61-56. I still think Georgetown will win comfortable, but they did put a big scare into Georgetown in this game

11/06/2019 9:01 pm  #9

Thomas, et al, did you catch 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4 last night?  Duke pulled out a W but they didn't look great.
Kentucky with perhaps the least hype looks like the best team to my eyes.   College football may want to take a page and get some of these showdown games. 
Helluva way to start the year.  I know it wasn't quite Towson vs GW! But not too shabby.

11/06/2019 9:40 pm  #10

Georgetown ended the game on a 20-1 run and won 81-68. I'm not sure how Georgetown should feel about this game because they looked terrible for long stretches, but ended the game in a dominant fashion. 

I saw a little of Kentucky-Michigan State, and I think Michigan State is the best team in college basketball despite losing to Kentucky last night because of their SR guard Winston. This Kentucky team still has good balance and will be elite, even though they may not have a John Wall/Anthony Davis/Karl-Anthony Towns type of player. I find it funny that Calipari is now using grad transfers, he got a big man from an Ivy League school(I think) because he's not been getting every 5-star player that he targets now. Don't get me wrong, Calipari is still getting to 25 players, but the top 3 players in the 2019 class went to Memphis, Georgia and Washington, instead of Kentucky. Calipari usually would sign at least 2 of those top 5 guys in previous years. 

Last edited by Thomas (11/06/2019 9:44 pm)

11/06/2019 11:17 pm  #11

Didn't realize that, quite a coup for Crean.  Penny I saw landed the #1 recruit in the country.
Nice to see the wealth being spread around beyond just the same 2 schools year after year.

11/07/2019 1:11 am  #12

Speaking of Top recruits, ESPN's #2 recruit Cole Anthony, son of Greg Anthony, poured in 34 and 11 boards 5 dimes vs Notre Dame in his debut. 

Board footera