GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/11/2023 8:58 am  #1

Jamion Update

Looks like he has landed in Italy's Lega A coaching Pallacanestro Trieste. Interesting and unexpected spot to say the least. https://twitter.com/PallTS/status/1678761428243873792?s=20

7/11/2023 10:03 am  #2

Re: Jamion Update

Wishing JC nothing but the best.  Was certainly deserving of another year at GW though it's certainly hard to argue with the job CC and staff did in Year 1.

7/11/2023 11:46 am  #3

Congrats to JC. This was the culmination of a number of different pro and college opportunities. The opportunity to be a head coach at this time was more appealing to JC than an assistant in the NBA or with a HM. If he does a good job there he will be in position to come back to the US as a HC in either pro or college.

7/11/2023 7:35 pm  #4

Wishing him nothing but the best. A truly good guy who took a hit and got back up. That’s how I measure character.

7/12/2023 3:32 pm  #5

Here's an English language article. I don't know much about foreign leagues but seems like a big job, top division Italian league team 

https://hoopdirt.com/jamion-christian-named-head-coach-of-italys-pallacanestro-trieste-lega-basket-serie-a/

7/12/2023 4:11 pm  #6

From what I can gather it looks like they were relegated last season so he will be coaching in Serie A2 next season. Fascinating landing spot for him in my opinion and I hope does well

7/12/2023 5:05 pm  #7

One of those clubs that goes up and down divisions with frequency, heading down for 2023-24. Last season´s team included a couple of guys who played a handfull of games in the NBA. Trieste is home to Illy, so if he likes burnt coffee he will be in the right place (hosts some good roasters, too). Shawnta played some Serie A2 in Como, at one point.
Wishing him the best.

7/19/2023 12:41 pm  #8

He also appears to be coaching the “Ram Nation” team in the TBT tourney.  That’s called a VCU alumni team, but also features Brendan Adams. 

I know Mo Creek is playing for Shell Shock (supposedly a Maryland alumni team).

Not sure about any other colonials playing in it.

Board footera