GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/09/2019 8:52 pm  #1

Our lack of length

One thing I noticed today is that we aren't very long and we don't have many tall guys, which is probably going to be a problem once conference season rolls around. I think Langarica is probably our biggest guy and he's 6-9 228 lbs. Other than him, we're pretty thin in the big guy department.

What do you all think?

11/09/2019 9:30 pm  #2

Re: Our lack of length

This depends if you mean length, height, bangers, or somewhere in between. I assume you mean bangers (i.e. post players) since I think there's a fair amount of length/height. If it's bangers, than yes we only really have Toro in the trenches, though Javi can be formidable.

If it's length, then I disagree, and today's starting lineup shows this (after JNJ, the other four starters today were 6'6", 6'7", 6'8", and 6'9"). Also Mezie's wingspan is approximately 8'9" and Battles looks pretty long too. Ace Stallings also provides some length, but can't really bang down low.

Overall I'm not all that concerned. Today's game doesn't require a traditional power forward and center, and I don't think we're going to run into many teams where we'll need more than Toro/Javi(/Stallings?) down low. 

11/09/2019 9:35 pm  #3

Re: Our lack of length

Hugh wrote:

This depends if you mean length, height, bangers, or somewhere in between. I assume you mean bangers (i.e. post players) since I think there's a fair amount of length/height. If it's bangers, than yes we only really have Toro in the trenches, though Javi can be formidable.

If it's length, then I disagree, and today's starting lineup shows this (after JNJ, the other four starters today were 6'6", 6'7", 6'8", and 6'9"). Also Mezie's wingspan is approximately 8'9" and Battles looks pretty long too. Ace Stallings also provides some length, but can't really bang down low.

Overall I'm not all that concerned. Today's game doesn't require a traditional power forward and center, and I don't think we're going to run into many teams where we'll need more than Toro/Javi(/Stallings?) down low. 

Good call, thanks for sharing. Maybe it was simply the guys on the court at the time when I noticed it. 

Board footera