GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/15/2023 8:00 am  #1

Who Is Trilly Donovan?

His name has come up om this board a few times.  Well, it seems this is quite the question, all over the college hoops landscape. 

Article includes GW mention. 

https://theathletic.com/4765841/2023/08/15/trilly-donovan-college-basketball-twitter/?source=user_shared_article

8/15/2023 9:53 am  #2

Re: Who Is Trilly Donovan?

OK, you got me!

8/21/2023 9:44 am  #3

From Trilly, yesterday:

Dark horse team:  St. Bonaventure

Most likely to underperform: Davidson

Most likely to shoot itself in the foot:  LaSalle

Most likely to over-perform:  GW

I kind of think so too.But I am biased.  Trilly is not.

8/21/2023 10:18 am  #4

Current or former college assistant is the word. Might have been one of the contributors to Twitter's Coaching Changes until he branched out on his own. Lots of speculation as to who all these accounts are including Samurai Hoops. Clearly wired in.

Last edited by GWRising (8/21/2023 10:18 am)

8/22/2023 8:49 am  #5

Seems just as plugged in to the transfer portal and who is going where than he does coaching changes.  Am not sure if he's as connected, or connected at all, with high school recruits.

I have been reading his stuff for a few months now and the guy is almost always correct.

9/05/2023 6:30 pm  #6

9/05/2023 8:06 pm  #7

So when he says we have someone committing soon, does that McNair is coming after all or is it Ty Bevins?

9/05/2023 8:11 pm  #8

No inside info but I'm guessing Bevins

9/05/2023 10:05 pm  #9

This Trilly guy is intriguing.
No reason we couldn't sign both. Different positions.
Thought we still had an open scholarship this year plus whatever it turns out next year.

9/05/2023 10:22 pm  #10

McNair offers a Zeke Armwood scenario. though no idea when he could play IF he is indeed considering GW. We could use his rebounding if the NCAA lets him on the court.
Meanwhile,waiting on Ty Bevins. A great opportunity for him at GW.

9/06/2023 9:38 am  #11

McNair not happening. We are now in the second week of school. That ship has sailed.

9/06/2023 12:24 pm  #12

With Bevins having recently visited GW and reportedly announcing his decision on Friday, that would be the logical guess.

9/06/2023 12:34 pm  #13

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

With Bevins having recently visited GW and reportedly announcing his decision on Friday, that would be the logical guess.

As of yesterday, I've heard nothing on Bevins to suggest he is or isn't coming to GW. I know GW has been interested in him for awhile but I haven't got the "we are going to get him signal" I usually get. Think it's 50-50 between us and George Mason but again that is conjecture.

9/10/2023 8:23 pm  #14

MG14, you may want to post this as its own topic.   There’s been talk of a 16th team since Loyola was invited/accepted.

Board footera