GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/17/2023 8:17 am  #1

A10 Media Day

According to GW Men’s Basketball Twitter, Bishop named 1st Team and Edwards 2nd Team preseason All A10.

10/17/2023 8:34 am  #2

Re: A10 Media Day

Last edited by GW0509 (10/17/2023 8:36 am)

10/17/2023 8:38 am  #3

10/17/2023 10:18 am  #4

Can't argue with the GW pre-season picks.  Head coaches and "select" media voted.

10/17/2023 11:04 am  #5

James was asked about the challenges involved in gelling with what amounts to almost a brand new roster each year.  His answer was that this is made easier by the quality of the guys being brought in each year.  I felt some pride hearing that response.  I don't believe this has been true of every GW basketball coach but in the case of CC, and Jamion before him, there has been an emphasis placed on bringing in good people/solid citizens. 

On a different note, James was asked whether he had a hobby outside of basketball that 's not hanging with friends or playing video games.  CC chimed in that JB had a good one.  Turns out to be crochet which he enjoys doing with his girlfriend.  The interviewer curiously asked where JB buys his supplies, and a great exchange followed:

JB:  Michael's.  I love Michael's.
CC:  Sounds like that could be a good NIL deal.

Good stuff.

10/17/2023 11:22 am  #6

A bit pleasantly surprised at Max selection for 2nd team A-10.   That gives us 1 of the top 6 and 2 of the top 12 players in the conference.   Not a bad building block.

10/17/2023 12:55 pm  #7

Just went back and watched the Goodman/Dauster interview. James is an impressive young man, and watching Caputo at ease with the interview and then seeing Archie Miller's awkwardness highlights how adept Caputo is at representing the university.

Caputo is looking forward to giving James fewer minutes and demanding more on defense. He also said that James has proven he's a great player, but now he has to prove himself a winner. CC mentioned finishing top 4 means a reasonable expectation of the postseason.

I could have done without all the chumminess of the interview and a deeper dive into the roster and the plans, but there's a lot to like there.

10/17/2023 2:19 pm  #8

It’s apparent that Dauster really loves…….Dauster.

10/18/2023 9:49 am  #9

Alum1 wrote:

It’s apparent that Dauster really loves…….Dauster.

If I hear him talk about Totchos one more time... 

Besides, if you're going to Tonic it's the wings that are actually the star of the show.

10/18/2023 9:57 am  #10

creeksandzeeks wrote:

Besides, if you're going to Tonic it's the wings that are actually the star of the show.

THIS!  Still trying to figure out what exactly their spicy wing sauce recipe is.  It's not just the usual Frank's.

10/18/2023 12:47 pm  #11

Really enjoyed media day and can’t wait for this season to begin. Coach C and JB4 seemed very comfortable and confident unlike some of the media dudes. So many facets need to come together for every team between now and March. All the preseason ratings and unknowns give me a headache.

Here’s what I do know.  This coaching staff is for real and they genuinely care about developing team chemistry.  They emphasize preparation and being in game shape.  They do tons of video review. They set goals both individually and as a team. 

My hope is that this squad steadily improves each week and that the players enjoy the ride.  Sure there will be frustration with freshmen turnovers and poor decisions.  But am confident it won’t be for lack of effort.

JB4 said that Coach C gave him and the team confidence.  He also taught them to have a short memory.  I think GW fans will be pleased with the product this season.  May they stay free of injury and get all the good bounces.  GO REVS!!

Board footera