GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/01/2023 3:31 pm  #1

Best Players in History

James Bishop, who has the all time GW scoring leader record in his sights, if he breaks the record and finishes another season on the 1st team All A10 Team does he join your first team All Time GW team?

In addition to breaking the All time GW points record, JBIV in on pace to finish 3rd all time in  assists.  

Key point, this is the "Best All time GW Team"  For Greatest, I'd more heavily weight guys on big winners, for Best, just the best 5 careers in GW history:

Yinka
Holup 
Chris Monroe 
Shawnta 
Bishop?

Last edited by The Dude (11/01/2023 3:43 pm)

11/04/2023 12:25 pm  #2

Re: Best Players in History

YEAR FOUR FOR JBIV
Last season, James Bishop IV became the first member of the Buff & Blue to win the A-10 scoring title since SirValiant Brown in 1999-00 and was GW's first representative on the All-Conference First Team since 2005-06 (Pops Mensah-Bonsu). Bishop finished 12th in the country at 21.6 ppg and led the NCAA with 10 games of at least 25 points and eight assists.

The Baltimore native was the first A-10 player to average 21.0 ppg and 5.0 apg since St. Bonaventure's Marques Green in 2002-03. Bishop sits in 12th on the GW all-time scoring list at 1,518 points in 79 games, needing 731 points to become the program's all-time leading scorer. His 19.2 points per game rank sixth in the Buff & Blue's annals.

After Bishop was honored by the A-10 on the Preseason All-Conference First Team this season, he is aiming to become the first three-time All-Conference performer at GW since Chris Monroe from 2001-03.

11/04/2023 4:10 pm  #3

From that list, I think Bishop needs to be measured against Bob and/or Pat Tallent, and I’m not sure he’s at that level.

11/06/2023 4:27 pm  #4

creeksandzeeks wrote:

From that list, I think Bishop needs to be measured against Bob and/or Pat Tallent, and I’m not sure he’s at that level.

I'd probably go Mike Brown at the moment, for the 5th member of the 1st team.

Board footera