GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/10/2023 10:24 pm  #1

The First 11 Games

9 wins in 11 games, The Freshmen shining, especially DB and GJ, another step forward for Soph Maximus. 

Could not ask for a much better start to the season from this squad

Anything stand out to you through 11 games?  Surprises??

Expect to see more of Jacoi Trey and Benny as the year goes on?  Will we see ZWU crack the rotation? Antoine Smith?

TWO Notable Facts which might surprise you: GW is #2 out of  362 teams in Defensive rebounds.  #2! and #6 in Blocks! The Stretch Factor.  #2 and #6 in the Nation! 

Last edited by The Dude (12/13/2023 2:49 am)

12/12/2023 3:19 am  #2

Re: The First 11 Games

I'm astounded by the #2 in the nation stat for defensive rebounds and would want to double check your source before taking it to the bank.   On the other hand, not at all surprised at the blocked shots stat given Stretch's rather incredible performance of late.

12/12/2023 9:42 am  #3

I wouldn’t put any stock into the number of defensive rebounds because that’s a product of the fast pace we play at and number of missed shots by opponents.   That said, we 99th in defensive rebound percentage, which is the real measure.

I also came across some really interesting stats about half court vs transition efficiency in the A10.  From these stats, you can see that what’s killing us is transition defense. 

In the half court, we’ve been pretty good on defense  (including half court defense and defensive rebounding), but we are giving up a ton of points in transition. Offensively, we are the best in the league at getting in transition, where we are very efficient, and our half court offense is fine (turnovers are the killer).

If we can tighten up our transition D, that will help us raise our game another level. 

https://x.com/a10stats/status/1734354441334038942?s=46&t=m2xsjs4EY33TDlbMVwhKzQ

12/12/2023 4:05 pm  #4

Astonishing, and yet accurate, GW is in fact #2 out of 362 teams in defensive rebounds

And #6 in then nation out of 362 teams in shots blocked

Board footera