GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/30/2024 7:55 pm  #41

Re: GW vs Dayton Game

Edwards?! Well, its time to watch Tennessee.

1/30/2024 7:55 pm  #42

Our offensive struggles with no movement are obvious.

But we are also allowing another career gsme. Santos had 17 points at the half - more than he’s had in any game since Dec 2nd.  At some point we have to take it personally that players on every team are having their career games against our defense.

1/30/2024 7:56 pm  #43

If the 3s are good looks, you should still take them, as hopefully the odds will soon even out.  Still...our only game plan is to shoot a 3 or turn the ball over.   We need to expand that.

1/30/2024 7:58 pm  #44

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

If the 3s are good looks, you should still take them, as hopefully the odds will soon even out.  Still...our only game plan is to shoot a 3 or turn the ball over.   We need to expand that.

Agree.  The announcers said multiple times that shots were under pressure when they were actually open and in rhythm.

Problem is our starters are 1-19 from three over the last game and a half.

1/30/2024 8:02 pm  #45

That shot under the basket by Edwards out of the time out was a reall beauty.

Throw in the usual  2;1 turnovers to assist and the “no plan if the 3’s aren’t falling except to keep firing 3’s” amd well, we are where we are.

At what point does CC realize in a game like this playing 4 on 5 is a bad idea amd doesn’t work and sit Stretch down?

1/30/2024 8:04 pm  #46

When is Caputo going to start yelling at these guys? Everyone does want they want to do. They keep jacking up 3s-- sometimes as soon as they get their hands on the ball. Nobody can make shots. Inexplicable!

1/30/2024 8:09 pm  #47

Dayton shot the same number of 3s in the first half that we did (14), but made 4 more of them. That 12 points is basically the difference in score. That said, Dayton had a lot more quality, open 3s than we did…

1/30/2024 8:09 pm  #48

Careless turnovers are brutal, missing decent shots from deep equally so. I found it bizarre how the color commentator couldn't get through a possession without dumping on GW (not that we're playing remotely well) rather than giving some credit to Dayton. Max just looks completely out of sorts and like he's trying to play a different game than everyone else (not in a good way). Unfortunately this team's identity might just be a terrible three point defensive team. Would like to see some fight and JB or Jun to step up.

Also, not to minimize the poor showing, but how many of you genuinely thought we had a chance to win this game? This is up there with the South Carolina game in terms of most difficult games this year in my opinion. For a young team we can't be entirely shocked they've come out flat. Again, not excusing the sloppy play!

1/30/2024 8:09 pm  #49

Team is playing tight enough as is.  Not sure yelling at them is going to help,,,at least for this game.

1/30/2024 8:10 pm  #50

moneybox wrote:

When is Caputo going to start yelling at these guys? Everyone does want they want to do. They keep jacking up 3s-- sometimes as soon as they get their hands on the ball. Nobody can make shots. Inexplicable!

Instead of yelling, he’d ne better served to yank them as quickly as they jack a stupid ass 3.

1/30/2024 8:15 pm  #51

gwstudent2024 wrote:

Also, not to minimize the poor showing, but how many of you genuinely thought we had a chance to win this game? This is up there with the South Carolina game in terms of most difficult games this year in my opinion. For a young team we can't be entirely shocked they've come out flat. Again, not excusing the sloppy play!

I certainly didn’t “expect” the to win but I did expect a better showing in terms of cohesion, looking organized, not making the same stupid turnovers we saw again the likes of Coppin State amd others, amd general showing that progress is being made amd lessons are being learned. That’s clearly not happening.

And btw, I did “expect” them to beat La Salle at home. So there’s that.

1/30/2024 8:16 pm  #52

They have quit.   Very sad.

1/30/2024 8:17 pm  #53

Alum1 wrote:

gwstudent2024 wrote:

I certainly didn’t “expect” the to win but I did expect a better showing in terms of cohesion, looking organized, not making the same stupid turnovers we saw again the likes of Coppin State amd others, amd general showing that progress is being made amd lessons are being learned. That’s clearly not happening.

Bingo.

And btw, I did “expect” them to beat La Salle at home. So there’s that.

1/30/2024 8:17 pm  #54

Can we take better shots just so we don't have to hear the announcers stating the obvious every jock up?

1/30/2024 8:17 pm  #55

bishop three over holmes followed by hutchinson long contested two was a terrible sequence. announcers have been tougher on the shot selection than needed but agree that those shots were really bad. 

1/30/2024 8:18 pm  #56

They have been coached to just stand in one spot and observe the game as a spectator?

1/30/2024 8:18 pm  #57

NO DISCIPLINE. That's on Caputo!

1/30/2024 8:18 pm  #58

Dayton announcer must be reading this board: Bishop taking awful 3 point shots and it looks like to GW has no plan on offense to create plays. I guess it’s obvious that we got serious problems

1/30/2024 8:20 pm  #59

Dayton announcer must be reading this board: Bishop taking awful 3 point shots and it looks like to GW has no plan on offense to create plays. I guess it’s obvious that we got serious problems. And a lot of standing around by GW.

1/30/2024 8:21 pm  #60

The lack of movement on offense is embarassing to be frank. What's that expression about the definition of insanity being doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results?

Board footera