GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/14/2024 4:15 pm  #21

Re: 2024 Transfer Portal Szn

Free Quebec wrote:

Gwmayhem wrote:

Unless anyone is unexpectedly leaving, let's stop talking to 6' 2" guys.  Max, Jacoi, Trey, Christian, Ty.  GW has already become Wingstop.

Not sure I agree. With James leaving, we have an opening for a high scoring, high usage guard.

CC's done a nice job recruiting (and retaining) combo guards already.  Assuming Jun, Jacoi, Max, Trey and Garrett all come back next season, and assuming Ty joins the team, I think another guard is the last thing we need to worry about now.

3/15/2024 11:46 am  #22

I need to add the verbal commits links for everyone because players seem to be announcing their intentions to transfer every 5 minutes!! They now have a feature where they have the names of the recent transfers scrolling on the top of the page. A name that pops out on the 'Recent Transfers' list is a 6'10" 250 pound junior center named Trey Edmonds from the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA). I have no idea if GW would be interested but ANY center in the portal with that sort of size needs to be mentioned/speculated about here!! I even put his profile down below, he's from Denver and  went to George Washington High School!! Maybe, he's interesting attending George Washington again for college! LOL

https://verbalcommits.com/transfers  

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits  

https://verbalcommits.com/players/trey-edmonds 

3/15/2024 2:14 pm  #23

These are great links, Thomas...thank you for sharing.  Wonder if Barry would consider moving the links to a permanent spot in the "recruits" section.

Last edited by Long Suffering Fan (3/15/2024 2:36 pm)

3/15/2024 8:55 pm  #24

Noah Batchelor has entered the portal. Played two seasons at UMD but never saw much playing time. Local kid who we offered out of HS. Curious to see if we get involved here. Was a high 3/low 4 star recruit out of HS.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/5105803/noah-batchelor

3/17/2024 3:07 pm  #25

Hope this doesn’t mean what it could mean

3/18/2024 10:22 am  #26

3/18/2024 10:37 am  #27

Boom!

Even though it's a bit strange to have to announce your intention on staying at the school you're currently attending, glad to see he realizes he's the Alpha on next year's team.

Last edited by GW0509 (3/18/2024 10:58 am)

3/18/2024 10:53 am  #28

That's outstanding.  Truly great news!

3/18/2024 11:01 am  #29

GW0509 wrote:

it's a bit strange to have to announce your intention on staying at the school you're currently attending,

I fear that in this new era only a minority of players will stay put, and most of them because either they are at a place that pays more than the pros (Ohio St, U$C, 'Bama, etc...) or because they are the outliers who actually use an athletic scholarship to earn a meaningful degree and like the program on offer where they attend.
Glad he is returning, wouldn't it be something if following his Conference Rookie of the Year snub he becomes a confirmed Conference Player of the Year.

Last edited by GW Alum Abroad (3/18/2024 11:02 am)

3/18/2024 11:02 am  #30

Good news and a relief for all of us!

3/18/2024 11:04 am  #31

Glad to hear DBJ is staying! 

Josh Cohen just announced he’s going Portaling. Tough blow for UMASS, though I suppose the move to the MAC has to be a factor. 

That said, while I know it’s better for the players, the transfer explosion really sucks for fans. 

Who was the last GW to play their whole (4 year) career here? I honestly can’t remember.

3/18/2024 11:11 am  #32

Free Quebec wrote:

Who was the last GW to play their whole (4 year) career here? I honestly can’t remember.

Scholarship player? Justin Williams from 16-20

Walk-ons: Miles Gally, Adam Mitola

Last edited by GW0509 (3/18/2024 11:17 am)

3/18/2024 11:16 am  #33

What a massive relief. Hopefully we can keep the rest of the core together, bring in a couple of true bigs, and maybe a veteran guard and make a big leap next season.

3/18/2024 11:25 am  #34

Free Quebec wrote:

Josh Cohen just announced he’s going Portaling. Tough blow for UMASS, though I suppose the move to the MAC has to be a factor. 

That said, while I know it’s better for the players, the transfer explosion really sucks for fans. 

Yuta, I believe.

Great news about Darren!!!

3/18/2024 11:49 am  #35

https://twitter.com/247HSHoops/status/1769766092468039820

We've reached out to Coastal Carolina guard Jacob Meyer.

"He averaged 15.7PPG, 5.1RPG, 2.6APG and 1.0SPG this season."

3/18/2024 12:24 pm  #36

Mondays usually suck. Not today. Glad to have you back Jun!!!!

3/18/2024 12:29 pm  #37

Article in today's Tennessean (Gentry Estes}  about Jerry Stackhouse. "Before exit, Stackhouse gave Vandy a warning" Stackhouse said, "When we first started here we thought that just getting on par with the other schools having the facilities and things like that would help. Now that's not enough....In order to really get in the door, you've got to have the NIL. That's a big part of it. You have to be a player in that, and we quite frankly haven't been a big player in that yet. Those are the things that have to become a part of it."  It's a moneypit. No end in sight. Just to compete , a Major conference university will  continue to throw millions into facilities, coaching salaries, buyouts, and now to add and retain players. Gentry Estes goes on about how an academic private school has a hard time competing with the big public universities in the SEC. At least we don't have that problem in the A10. I wonder, do the private schools in the ACC lower their academic standards to get players. I'm pretty sure Duke does. 

3/18/2024 1:21 pm  #38

GW reaching out to another guard  - @jakeweingartenCanisus transfer Tre Dinkins has heard from Miami, Seton Hall, Oklahoma, Richmond, George Washington, George Mason, LaSalle, amongst a plethora of others, he told @Stockrisers. Averaged 15.4 points on 41% shooting.

3/18/2024 1:44 pm  #39

Great news regarding Jun.  He's been a pleasure to watch play.

3/18/2024 3:17 pm  #40

Free Quebec wrote:

I know a place where a player of Josh Cohen's size and ability would have a major role.
  Would like to hear about us going after big men or those who can play big,most of all.

Board footera