GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/10/2024 1:40 pm  #21

Re: GW vs Loyola Chicago Game

53-51
Let's go win this thing.

2/10/2024 1:41 pm  #22

Loyola-Chicago's deal with the Devil on three point shooting must have expired at halftime. It is the difference right now.

2/10/2024 1:42 pm  #23

Glad for Bishop with the three

2/10/2024 1:42 pm  #24

You can really feel the confidence coming back. I hope they can finish this one off!!!

2/10/2024 1:58 pm  #25

Wish that timely 3, Bishop has passed Mike Brown for #3 on GW’s all time scoring list! Congrats! Now let’s get this done!

2/10/2024 2:06 pm  #26

Shocking, can't get a defensive rebound or a stop to save our lives. Same story all season. Also, how many and-1s have we given up in the past two games alone? Feels like it must be 10+

Currently giving up a 16-4 run since the 4:56 mark. Update: ended the game on a 22-9 run (final 5 minutes)

Last edited by MG14 (2/10/2024 2:10 pm)

2/10/2024 2:10 pm  #27

In the last 60 seconds, Bishop was 0-3 from the floor, made ZERO passes and comitted a foul.

2/10/2024 2:11 pm  #28

If we had either Stretch or Buchanan in the last 7 minutes, we win this game.  Really unfortunate.

2/10/2024 2:12 pm  #29

Its a real shame. The guys played so hard today. We really missed Darren down the stretch, and the refs didn’t help. How come we never seem to get a home court advantage from refs?

2/10/2024 2:15 pm  #30

Couldn't watch game after we got a lead. How did we blow it? 6 losses in a row.

2/10/2024 2:22 pm  #31

6th game in a row we have given up over 80 points. Unreal.

2/10/2024 3:05 pm  #32

2/10/2024 3:32 pm  #33

An extra bitter pill to swallow considering we had them on the ropes and blew it. Thought JB's breakdown of his opponent off the dribble and hitting that huge three was gonna carry us to victory, but apparently not. What an amazing play that was.

Akingbola played better today but it really hurt to not have him at the end. Thought they should have gave it to Max more in the 2nd half considering how red hot he was. I don't know what's going on with JB but very discouraging to see him have his comeback game only to play so poorly at the end.

Loyola looked pretty good but certainly not world beaters. They lost to UR, still have to play Dayton.

Last edited by Alum '04 (2/10/2024 3:32 pm)

2/10/2024 3:35 pm  #34

Houston-we have a problem. Obviously , a coaching problem. Each game we seem to be out coached. We have no offensive sets or plan. Out signature play is a 35 foot shot. Other teams work the ball into the low post, look for easy banks against the backboard. GW takes repeated low percentage shots and has to work to catch up. Time and again GW fails to double team a player with the ball in the low post. Does anyone have an explanation ? GW has a 6 point lead with about 5 minutes to go. We do not control tempo, nor take smart shots and repeatedly take our 35 footer to no avail. Our passing is horrible Buchanan starts the game with two bad passes, then walks into a double team ,creating three turnovers in the first 4 minutes. A dagger may soon enter the heart of the program with a potential 8-10 game losing streak. Will we beat Mason on Tuesday and Richmond the following Saturday. I think not. I am sad. All fans should be sad.

2/10/2024 3:43 pm  #35

Post game interview says they played good D. Giving up another 80 point  game is good  D? I'm not sure of that. At least they are shooting better but as someone mentioned they don't get stops when needed. 

2/10/2024 4:14 pm  #36

DC Native wrote:

Its a real shame. The guys played so hard today. We really missed Darren down the stretch, and the refs didn’t help. How come we never seem to get a home court advantage from refs?

We seem to get the opposite, especially today. Walks, travel, pushoffs, player shoved to the floor, Bishop on 3 attempt at the end of the half, one ref seemed to out for Smith--and CC pointed to one of the fouls he thought should have been a jump ball.
   Is there such a thing as "away cooking" from the refs?
    Our problems are our problems, for sure. But this didn't help.

2/10/2024 5:59 pm  #37

Concern that Buchanans injury may. Be a hamstring.    Being checked out today.

2/10/2024 6:30 pm  #38

Liked to me like Jun was holding his crotch amd groin. Not sure what’s worse, the hammy or a groin muscle pull?

I certainly have been critical, but not today. The guys played with passion and we just aren’t deep enough to absorb the loss of Buchanan for half the game. I have to take a deep breath to say this, but Stretch too. Without those two, watching Loyola under their basket was like watching Shaq playing against a high school team. They were just walked all over us. And just for fun they’d bury threes.

This had zero to do with coaching. What was Chris to do? Who should he have put in?  He got 100% out and d these guys today. He’s just limited by what he has.

2/10/2024 8:04 pm  #39

Ran into Jun briefly after the game.  He said it feels like a hammy.

2/10/2024 8:40 pm  #40

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

Ran into Jun briefly after the game.  He said it feels like a hammy.

Oof hammy’s are no joke either. All you can really do is rest and hope for the best with the quick turnaround.

Board footera