GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/15/2019 12:18 pm  #1

11/15/2019 1:32 pm  #2

Re: Brown, Ball, and Brelsford Sign LOIs

That is easily the best recruit signing press release I've ever read - and not just because the reference to Kwame, Shawnta, and Mike King made me smile. 

I particularly liked the specificity of talking about how Brelesford and Brown excel in the pick and roll. 

We know JC wants to run more ball screen/PnR offense, and that we don't have the personnel to do much of it yet, so knowing that he believes two of our new recruits have specific skills we desperately need is very helpful.  Hope he's right!

11/15/2019 7:30 pm  #3

Agreed, good press release. They sound like good players and good guys. Do we know their rankings and such? Any other hype? It looks like all of them are 2 stars in Verbal Commits but no stars elsewhere. Does VC give everybody two stars?

Last edited by squid (11/15/2019 7:36 pm)

11/16/2019 11:21 am  #4

For me, this is about more than their skills and abilities (which seem to be very solid).  The two things that jump out about this class is they are referred to as good students and they are all local.  Like that!

11/16/2019 1:04 pm  #5

According to Verbal Commits, they're all consensus 2-stars, which honestly doesn't mean a lot in terms of how good they'll be in the future.  Lower ranked recruits aren't really scouted as much by the online services (seems like a lot of the sites don't have as many scouting reports for 1-3 star recruits anymore, think it was the result of a cost cutting maneuver by ESPN/other sites).

Board footera