GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/13/2024 7:30 pm  #21

Re: GW vs George Mason Game

Serious question, do we win another game all season? We have the worst defense in the conference and our offense has been non-existant over the past month.

2/13/2024 7:31 pm  #22

MG14 wrote:

Serious question, do we win another game all season? We have the worst defense in the conference and our offense has been non-existant over the past month.

If Buchanan comes back in time, we should get one when the shots fall.

2/13/2024 7:32 pm  #23

Free Quebec wrote:

MG14 wrote:

Shots haven't been falling for a month now, I don't see that changing anytime soon. Even if they do fall, our defense is so pathetic that we could put up 80+ and still lose.

2/13/2024 7:34 pm  #24

This is the GW team with the highest NET in school history.

2/13/2024 7:37 pm  #25

MG14 wrote:

Free Quebec wrote:

MG14 wrote:

Shots haven't been falling for a month now, I don't see that changing anytime soon. Even if they do fall, our defense is so pathetic that we could put up 80+ and still lose.

So you weren’t asking a serious question? Just looking to make a point about how bad we suck?

2/13/2024 7:37 pm  #26

The lack of effort is astounding. I get that at this point you're getting embarrassed and you're going to lose by a ton, but it's still pathetic to watch live.

2/13/2024 7:38 pm  #27

I’m baffled. Last year they played like they had roles and a plan. This year I can’t even tell what they’re supposed to do? Can you all tell what Caputo wants them to do?

2/13/2024 7:40 pm  #28

But I bet we had good practices

2/13/2024 7:41 pm  #29

Free Quebec wrote:

MG14 wrote:

Free Quebec wrote:

So you weren’t asking a serious question? Just looking to make a point about how bad we suck?

It was a serious question, but an answer of "let's hope they shoot better" isn't quite that realistic based on what we've seen over the past month. Of course, shoot the ball better and you'll improve your chances of winning is an answer, but I'm looking for some substance. Are we going to change our lineup? Are we going to change up our defense? Are we going to start implementing something that resembles an offensive set on a regular basis? Anything besides a hypothetical "shoot better" would suffice.

2/13/2024 7:42 pm  #30

Which looks worse, GW's play or those wings? The wings were gross looking, but GW's play is gross, too.

2/13/2024 7:42 pm  #31

I think some of us are playing man and some are playing zone.

2/13/2024 7:48 pm  #32

GW on pace to lose 108-54. Great. My bottle of rum will not make it to the final buzzer at this pace.

2/13/2024 7:49 pm  #33

The guys look like they have given up. That does not bode well for how many of them will be looking to transfer next season…

2/13/2024 7:50 pm  #34

MG14 wrote:

Free Quebec wrote:

MG14 wrote:

It was a serious question, but an answer of "let's hope they shoot better" isn't quite that realistic based on what we've seen over the past month. Of course, shoot the ball better and you'll improve your chances of winning is an answer, but I'm looking for some substance. Are we going to change our lineup? Are we going to change up our defense? Are we going to start implementing something that resembles an offensive set on a regular basis? Anything besides a hypothetical "shoot better" would suffice.

And my answer is there are no changes to come or buttons to push, but one time we’ll shoot it well (and our opponent won’t) and we’ll get a win.  There’s no lineup changes to make a difference, no scheme that’s going to fix this.  Maybe the player will recommit to playing as hard as they did in those early conference wins (to be fair, they played hard last game but got undone by Stretch fouls and Darren injury - unlucky not to win that one).

2/13/2024 7:51 pm  #35

Free Quebec wrote:

MG14 wrote:

Free Quebec wrote:

And my answer is there are no changes to come or buttons to push, but one time we’ll shoot it well (and our opponent won’t) and we’ll get a win. There’s no lineup changes to make a difference, no scheme that’s going to fix this. Maybe the player will recommit to playing as hard as they did in those early conference wins (to be fair, they played hard last game but got undone by Stretch fouls and Darren injury - unlucky not to win that one).

Fair enough. I think at the end of the day we (or most of us) agree that the only way we win is if we get a lucky night. Not ideal

2/13/2024 7:52 pm  #36

Just turned on the game after working on a plumbing problem. So I see a nightmare on the court. I guess the team has just given up the season. So sad. Seems Caputo has lost the team. I can't believe he coaches this shit on the court. So sorry, but I have never seen a GW play like this before. Nightmare.

2/13/2024 7:53 pm  #37

"We got 'em right where we want 'em."

2/13/2024 7:56 pm  #38

Johnson is showing himself to be a one trick pony.   Maybe 1.5 tricks (he rebounds a little).  Otherwise, he cannot score close to the basket, doesn’t put the ball on the floor or pass particularly well and I don’t think there is a single D-1 player he can guard.

2/13/2024 7:56 pm  #39

Tennessee Colonial wrote:

Just turned on the game after working on a plumbing problem. So I see a nightmare on the court. I guess the team has just given up the season. So sad. Seems Caputo has lost the team. I can't believe he coaches this shit on the court. So sorry, but I have never seen a GW play like this before. Nightmare.

I want so badly to disagree with this………

2/13/2024 7:58 pm  #40

Either he can’t coach or tos group is uncoachsble.   Either way, the future no longer looking so upbeat.

Board footera