GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/01/2019 3:28 pm  #81

Re: GW vs South Carolina Game Thread

Jack short on almost all of his 3's.  Needs to take his time and get his feet set.  Bad shots all day.

12/01/2019 3:30 pm  #82

Still waiting for your first intelligent insight, Dude.  Why don't just you go away?

12/01/2019 3:31 pm  #83

Maybe not commenting on basketball at all was a problem.
Javi can come back in. Maceo trying hard, scrapping even with shot not falling.
Jamison should keep shooting, can come away with more 3 pointers. Hot this half.

12/01/2019 3:31 pm  #84

I think you once said we won't shoot 28% forever - someone said that  in an old thread, and we haven't hit 28% since, IIRC.   Overall shooting around 34%.   Out rebounded by 16.  You want compliments?

12/01/2019 3:34 pm  #85

The Dude wrote:

The non stop incessant complaints is going to destroy the new site, as it did the last, absent a moderator doing something to prevent that.

Most fans will simply leave the site, they aren't interested in reading a never ending barrage of "suffering" complaints on every thread.

I think there' s a difference between unreasonable complaints and valid criticism of the execution of the team.  More likely than not we were going to lose this game.  SC is a bigger team all around and coached by one of the top coaches in the country.  We are a very young team missing our best player.   Complaining we are not winning is probably a bit unreasonable.

I think it's valid to be upset that our execution on offense has been bad and that we're forcing too many shots that are simply not there.  We also seem to feel it unnecessary to run any other defense other than man-to-man, which is a difficult ask of our "bigs" having to match up against guys 1-2"  taller and 40 lbs heavier than them.

12/01/2019 3:40 pm  #86

simply put, your never ending whining is going to be the end of the site, unless a moderator puts an end to it, as was the case with the prior site, where you chased away most of the posters, with never ending miserable "suffering"  all over every thread.   

the insane grievance fixations on every single thread, any topic, any game, even the good ones, any player, even the good ones, even the peak of ML games were littered with your never-ending complains and "suffering." Every loss was bad coaching ever missed shot a mental mistake etc etc.   

You've asked several times where is everyone else.  You are chasing them away.  Yet again.

Last edited by The Dude (12/01/2019 7:02 pm)

12/01/2019 3:41 pm  #87

When someone is having a game as bad as Jack, it is time for the coach to just pull him and let him know that he will get them next time. But when you are 0-11 from the field, you should not be on the Court.

12/01/2019 3:41 pm  #88

Bolden keeping us in this game with his FT shooting.

12/01/2019 3:43 pm  #89

Dude...if you disagree with something I post, then simply say why you disagree.  Otherwise, as I suggested earlier, don't respond to my complaining and I won't respond to your cheerleading.

12/01/2019 3:43 pm  #90

Have to say, nice job by JC to keep us in this game even when no one other than Battle was making threes.

We have nothing inside anyway so we’ve played pretty much whole second half with 5 perimeter guys.  As we get better shooters in the program, you can see where this style will generate lots of open shots and big streaky runs.   We will be a nightmare matchup for a lot of teams eventually.

12/01/2019 3:43 pm  #91

Jair seems to have added 15 lbs of muscle during his time at SC.
3 would be great here. Still could use Javi underneath

12/01/2019 3:44 pm  #92

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

When someone is having a game as bad as Jack, it is time for the coach to just pull him and let him know that he will get them next time. But when you are 0-11 from the field, you should not be on the Court.

Who else would you put in?   Stretching the court with 5 guys who have to be respected from three has worked and kept us in it.

12/01/2019 3:45 pm  #93

With Toro in the game and Jack having any type or reasonable game, this would have been a much more competitive game.

12/01/2019 3:47 pm  #94

Men keeping it respectable .  How's that The Dude!

12/01/2019 3:47 pm  #95

May have used more Mezzie, Free.    At least we would have had some more bulk to offset their large rebounding edge, or even better defend Kotsar, who shot 8-9 from field.

12/01/2019 3:49 pm  #96

GW covers.   Great call on what the spread should have been, DMV.

12/01/2019 3:50 pm  #97

May have used more Mezzie, Free.    At least we would have had some more bulk to offset their large rebounding edge, or even better defend Kotsar, who shot 8-9 from field.

Didn't look like Mezie was on the bench for most of the 2nd half. Didn't see it, but assume he got hurt.

12/01/2019 3:50 pm  #98

Positives: It looked early like this was going to be another Mohegan Sun massacre early on.  Losing by sub-10 is pretty good given how bad our shooting was

Negatives: Good god was our 3 point shooting horrific today.  We got some open looks but Jack couldn't buy a bucket and Battle eventually ran out of steam.  We miss Toro so much on both sides of the ball but especially evident on offense not having someone to dump the ball inside to and facilitate our shooters.  I hope he can be back for the BU game.  

South Carolina kept us in the game with their turnovers.  I'm sure if Martin really wanted to push it they could have completely dominated us inside with Kotsar.  

12/01/2019 3:51 pm  #99

Our offense would have ground to a halt.  We stayed in the game by having 5 perimeter guys, spreading them out, running ball screens, and getting open 3s (or Potter going to the rim when there were no defenders back).  You can’t do that with mezzie because they play off him.

Just needed a couple more shots to fall from maceo but i am pleased with this game overall. 

We are improving.  Didn’t think Potter would be the answer but we are definitely playing better on offense with him at the point and JNJ off ball.   Getting Toro and Harris back will help a lot too.

12/01/2019 3:53 pm  #100

See everyone Wednesday vs. Terriers.  Lets keep our fingers crossed that Toro is back.   He has now missed 4 games, not counting the game in which he was hurt in which he only played a couple of minutes.  Doesn't sound like a minor injury, even though this is what we are being told.   Would love to see this team play with a health Toro and Harris, as well as see what Chase Paar can do.

Board footera