GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/06/2021 9:48 pm  #81

Re: Jamison Battle

I liked the kid so I follow his games from time to time. Currently averaging 17.9 and 6.1 on an undefeated Gophers team. God I wish we had kept him...would be our star player! I recall some posts saying he wasn't great...as iffy as Big Ten basketball has been this season (cough...UMD...cough) it's still pretty solid to put up THOSE stats against good competition on that level. Rooting for him but definitely missing him out there on the court this season

12/06/2021 11:16 pm  #82

Miss him greatly every time we launch a mishappen or inopportune 3 point shot,which is often.
  How does the offense flow at Minnesota? Do they pass?

12/06/2021 11:20 pm  #83

jf wrote:

Miss him greatly every time we launch a mishappen or inopportune 3 point shot,which is often.
  How does the offense flow at Minnesota? Do they pass?

They don't do it particularly well actually. A few moments of hero ball here and there. But they've been pulling off close battles

12/07/2021 9:53 am  #84

I loved watching Jamison play. He was probably my favorite player to watch since Kwame Evans. I loved how he would post up for the three, wait for the defender to jump, and then smoothly step to the side and take the open shot. His leaving was the most depressing day for me as a GW fan since Selection Sunday in 2006. I’m glad he’s doing well and will root for him to succeed.

12/07/2021 10:45 am  #85

Minnesota was projected to be one of the worst teams in the Big 10 this year but they appear to be a lot better than those projections after the 7-0 start. They are also led by Payton Willis, who actually transferred back to Minnesota after playing at other colleges. Minnesota is about to start conference play in a day or 2, so we'll see if they can keep this up. Battle definitely looks like he will be an All-Conference player in the Big 10 this year

12/07/2021 2:08 pm  #86

Battle was a big impact player, instantly. Zero surprise he's playing well, as a Soph he was all A10 and all A10 rookie if memory serves.

He was a Mojo recruit though so got barely any love for 2 years.  I posted about 20 threads about his success most went without a comment.   As I said at the time, best HS recruit since Yuta. 

12/07/2021 2:23 pm  #87

6 of Minnesota's 7 wins have been Q3 or Q4 (Although I'll admit winning at Mississippi State is a good win and Battle played well). Curious to see how they look against better competition in the Big 10, especially Michigan State tomorrow night.

12/07/2021 2:36 pm  #88

The Dude wrote:

Battle was a big impact player, instantly. Zero surprise he's playing well, as a Soph he was all A10 and all A10 rookie if memory serves.

He was a Mojo recruit though so got barely any love for 2 years.  I posted about 20 threads about his success most went without a comment.   As I said at the time, best HS recruit since Yuta. 

Wow Dude.  None of us realized how good a player Jameson Battle was for GW.  You were the only one here who knew. 

12/07/2021 2:38 pm  #89

Gwmayhem wrote:

The Dude wrote:

Wow Dude.  None of us realized how good a player Jameson Battle was for GW.  You were the only one here who knew. 

LOL

12/07/2021 2:53 pm  #90

The funny thing is, as you were insisting all analysts, Coaches, and A10 media were wrong about GW being 13th ("5th-9th worst case scenario 9th!" still believe that??)  I don't recall you noting what  a big loss Battle was going to be.

Clear as day, Battle alone turns a few of these closes into wins.  Stretches the court with 3 point shooting, gets some contested rebounds, all the things GW is now lacking.

12/07/2021 3:09 pm  #91

And yet wasn't it not Battle, but another player the one who was absolutely the go to guy at the end of games?

12/07/2021 3:10 pm  #92

The Dude wrote:

The funny thing is, as you were insisting all analysts, Coaches, and A10 media were wrong about GW being 13th ("5th-9th worst case scenario 9th!" still believe that??)  I don't recall you noting what  a big loss Battle was going to be.

Clear as day, Battle alone turns a few of these closes into wins.  Stretches the court with 3 point shooting, gets some contested rebounds, all the things GW is now lacking.

I don't know who (poster) you are referring to but Battle was already gone. This team should not be in the play-in game with or without Battle. We need to be better and everyone (players and coaches) knows it. Not a single A-10 game has been played. Let's see where we end up. Perhaps this a year where we end up better than the start where in a lot of other years, we seem to fade down the stretch. And that's why they play the games. One can hope.

12/07/2021 3:18 pm  #93

The Dude wrote:

Wait, you mean that Battle was a good three point shooter?  Gosh Dude, I learn so much from you.  

(Stop the lying please.  Never said worst case scenario-9th.  Not once.  Said 9th sounded about right.  Sounding about right does not mean worst case scenario.  Just so you are aware, someone who makes good points does not need to consistently lie about someone else's points in order to make himself look better.  Maybe the reason why you lie so much at my expense is because your own points are so poor.)

12/07/2021 5:53 pm  #94

Thank God for the dude.
This site gives me my daily dose of humor.
He says he posted "20" times without comment. Fact is he's posted "2000" times without comment. The other 1000 posts received comments because they are so incredibly hilarious. 
Merry Christmas dude. Please don't ever get a hobby (or job) because you will be truly missed here.

1/05/2022 12:33 am  #95

Battle is averaging 19 points and 7 boards, nearly his identical line for GW last year

For 10-1 Minnesota

1/05/2022 10:38 am  #96

Try to follow along. Minnesota is 10-2 with a loss to Illinois last night before you posted.

1/05/2022 5:43 pm  #97

Rising, dude can't be bothered with facts. 

1/05/2022 10:28 pm  #98

Does Jamison Battle win Big 10 Player of the Year? 
Who are the other candidates?

1/05/2022 11:23 pm  #99

Johnny Davis of Wisconsin (22.5 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 2.4 apg, 47.6% from the field) is a frontrunner for national player of the year at this point. Wisconsin is top 15 in the country with him playing and they stink when he's out of the lineup. Kofi Cockburn of Illinois (22.5 ppg, 11.9 rpg) is another a good shout for Big 10 player of the year. Also I'd be shocked if a player from Minnesota won POY considering they're probably not a top half team in the Big 10.

1/05/2022 11:27 pm  #100

The Dude wrote:

Does Jamison Battle win Big 10 Player of the Year? 
Who are the other candidates?

You are joking right??

Board footera