GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/01/2019 2:39 pm  #1

Coppin State game

Coppin State is 0-6.   About 1 minute to go in the half with GW up 32-13.

12/01/2019 2:43 pm  #2

Re: Coppin State game

At one point they held Coppin State scoreless for 13 minutes. That is incredible!

12/01/2019 6:45 pm  #3

Nice win.

12/03/2019 11:30 am  #4

Had a great conversation wwith BC during the game. BC wwas watchng stats, 2 games and I was focusing on some play by the women and coaching moves. Rizzotti has been making style changes over this game and the previous game, as well.

BC is a good one for seen things in the numbers while I look for quality changes. Change 1... Faith  Blethen's game is like a female Pato. She anticipates passes and always gets at least a touch on it. Blethen has a nice sht from the arc. She can handle the ball and throw a nice a nice entrance pass. Change 2, coach has Betthen on the top of a three player GW 3/4 court press. Rissotti has the two back defenders suckering longer throws. The women are not conceding an easy clear. Change 3 is that coach has revived Lexy  as she had four steals during the big GW push. Durinng the 3rd quarter as GW push the lead out, Levy was part of the bomb squad.

Change 4, GW switch back and forth  between great  zones and man. Granted, the opponents weren't great but also in the Gtown game, thus was disruptive. BC asked about Mokwuah low number of minutes. Rizzotti would rotate in Gumbs, Overcash and Taiwo. They all turning in great effort.

Hyduke is able to find cracks in te defense and get shots off or hit her 3's if not challanged. Stephenson and Loder are able to spot players on the GW front court.

The depth gives this team makes one wonder what we wll be like when Luma and Zambrotta return.

That s why I really like seeing our team starting to ramp up the pace to run the other team into the ground

12/03/2019 10:33 pm  #5

Game stats:  FG: 33.3%; 3PT: 24.1% ;   FT: 35.7%  all against an 0-7 team.   Nothing to worry about?                       

Last edited by BC (12/03/2019 10:34 pm)

12/04/2019 1:32 am  #6

BC wrote:

Game stats:  FG: 33.3%; 3PT: 24.1% ;   FT: 35.7%  all against an 0-7 team.   Nothing to worry about?                       

My point is that the team is evolving it's play style that will allow it to win the games that one expect. My coments are about mostly D and your stats are O numbers. Gtown shot 1-20 from 3PT. That after a game against the Princeton team that killed GW from the arc. Is the coaching staff getting the team developing in the right way.

D can be modified in a series of practices. This isn't the case with game pace shooting. I was seeing play that is more likely produce wins that I know that you want to see.

12/04/2019 9:17 am  #7

In the Georgetown game the women shot 4-12 (33%) from the FT games.   They did shoot significantly better ffrom the floor (FG: 44 & 3PT: 46% and 22 TOs) against a 1-4 team.  I don't pretend to know X's and O's,  but the FT numbers scare the shit out of me.  How many close games will the FT's cost us?  GW only had 12 TOs against Coppin State, I find that encouraging.  With 3 decent players injured, perhaps a new day will dawn when they come back.   But they better damn well practice FTs!

12/04/2019 2:27 pm  #8

BC wrote:

I But they better damn well practice FTs!

BC, are you assuming that the team doesn't? As the coach has said "you can't practice taking the shots with game pressure." 
We are talking past each other.

Talk again soon. I will watcing the men and tracking the women on stats.

Last edited by russianthistle (12/04/2019 2:28 pm)

Board footera