GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/13/2025 4:31 pm  #81


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

That’ll do it.

 

12/13/2025 4:35 pm  #82


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

DC Native wrote:

Tough crowd. Delaware was a nightmare I will suffer with for many years, but I’ve been very pleased with today’s response. They are standing up to a bigger, more athletic team.

Exactly. And notice the posters that had virtually nothing to say in the first half when we battled back to take the lead and hung tough, but can’t wait to post when things go bad.

 

12/13/2025 4:35 pm  #83


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

Garrett Johnson can't hit open 3's anymore. All mental. Sad.

 

12/13/2025 4:35 pm  #84


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

If you were expecting a GW win (or a nail-biter) then maybe you have not been paying attention. Once Fla started having (some) shots fall and GW continued to misshandle the ball and miss shots, the game became what most people expected. 

 

12/13/2025 4:37 pm  #85


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

Free Quebec wrote:

DC Native wrote:

Tough crowd. Delaware was a nightmare I will suffer with for many years, but I’ve been very pleased with today’s response. They are standing up to a bigger, more athletic team.

Exactly. And notice the posters that had virtually nothing to say in the first half when we battled back to take the lead and hung tough, but can’t wait to post when things go bad.

😂😂😂

 

12/13/2025 4:37 pm  #86


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

I never want to see Luke sadam Hussein hunger on the flor again

 

12/13/2025 4:40 pm  #87


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

Free Quebec wrote:

DC Native wrote:

Tough crowd. Delaware was a nightmare I will suffer with for many years, but I’ve been very pleased with today’s response. They are standing up to a bigger, more athletic team.

Exactly. And notice the posters that had virtually nothing to say in the first half when we battled back to take the lead and hung tough, but can’t wait to post when things go bad.

Thank you, every time I check the board during a game its almost all negative.  I get this is a disappointing second half, but if I were that negative all the time I think would find something I enjoyed more.
The season doesn't really start until next month.

 

12/13/2025 4:40 pm  #88


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

Hoopsfan23 wrote:

I never want to see Luke sadam Hussein hunger on the flor again

He is a college-aged kid having an off night on the court, not a war criminal. Let´s not cross the line here. (had you said "Hunger is such a liability tonight I would substitute in Alberto Roma for him", then I might have chuckled)
 

Last edited by GW Alum Abroad (12/13/2025 4:43 pm)

 

12/13/2025 4:42 pm  #89


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

GW Alum Abroad wrote:

Hoopsfan23 wrote:

I never want to see Luke sadam Hussein hunger on the flor again

He is a college-aged kid having an off night on the court, not a war criminal. Let´s not cross the line here.
 

I am younger than him

 

12/13/2025 4:42 pm  #90


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

They’re so long it’s been tough for us to get good shots

 

12/13/2025 4:44 pm  #91


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

27% foul shooting? 

 

12/13/2025 4:45 pm  #92


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

I used to agree that these are just kids and we shouldn’t criticize but now that we’re paying the players, that has changed the whole dynamic.

 

12/13/2025 4:47 pm  #93


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

True, but I hope we can agree personal attacks like that are a little over the top.

 

12/13/2025 4:48 pm  #94


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

So grateful for the blowout! Now I have lost all hope (Delaware loss nearly pushed me over the edge) and can devote my time to other things this winter! Will check back in A10 tourney week!

 

12/13/2025 4:48 pm  #95


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

Agree!

 

12/13/2025 4:50 pm  #96


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

They defend the FT very well☹️

 

12/13/2025 4:51 pm  #97


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

Same score as Wednesday- 70-58. FL should play Delaware and see who’s the better team

 

12/13/2025 4:53 pm  #98


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

When I said I agree, I was referring to not making personal attacks

 

12/13/2025 4:55 pm  #99


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

I personally think we played much much better than certainly Wednesday. FL just overwhelmed us in rebounding and the interior offense. Out of 10 TOs, 8 were steals by FL. Pretty clean play on our part…and the 21-12 foul differential is bullshit refs

Last edited by oldish (12/13/2025 4:57 pm)

 

12/13/2025 5:04 pm  #100


Re: GW vs Florida 80-70 Game

We covered against the defending national champs. Anyone comparing this performance to Wednesday is crazy, imho. I for one am very encouraged by how the team responded today.

 

Board footera