GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/26/2020 2:07 pm  #1

Dan Hurley

Is 10-4, 1-4   11th in the AAC. UConn lost to St Joe's (red flag there) earlier this year.  He was 16–17, 6–12 T-9th

I thought moving back into the Big Least was going to solve all of UConn's problems. But they're gonna get their asses kicked in the Big Least playing like this.

What is going on in Storrs?

1/26/2020 3:00 pm  #2

Re: Dan Hurley

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

1/26/2020 4:01 pm  #3

Hurley MAY get a pass for now because UConn has lost a bunch of close games(including an OT loss to Tulsa just now), so people may think Hurley is close to turning things around. But as Alum '04 pointed out, Hurley was 16-17 overall/6-12 in conference play last year, and it looks like UConn is on their way to another 6-12 type of conference record, and they are about to move to a tougher conference. Things could get a lot worse for UConn in the Big East next year because there won't be any bad teams to beat up on, like there is in the AAC. 

1/26/2020 9:15 pm  #4

I get this thread is dedicated to Hurley hating because he coached at a Rhode Island, but if you’ve paid attention to UConn they have had gut punch loss after gut punch loss this season.

Huskies haven’t been able to close games. Lost in double overtime to Xavier, lost by two possessions at Villanova, was beating Houston by 7 with under 3 minutes and lost, lost in double overtime to Wichita State, lost by one possession to Indiana, lost lost in overtime today to a good Tulsa team. They’re 1-7 vs top 100 teams with the only game they didn’t have a chance to win bring Cincinnati. They are ranked 248 on KenPom’s luck statistic to give some perspective. Hurley gives too much leash to Alterique Gilbert, whose career has just been decimated by injuries. Dude turned the ball over 4 times with under 2 minutes and went 1-5 from the free throw line trying to close out Houston.

Huskies are going to bring back three very good freshman and then have RJ Cole from Howard playing next year, not to mention the 4th ranked recruiting class in the Big East.

What am I am happy about is that they’re going to be playing traditional rivals like St Johns, Providence, Seton Hall and others every year instead of Houston and Memphis (who have strong basketball histories but I literally do not care about watching UConn play them).

UConn fans love Hurley and his players love him (he has had ZERO transfers). Things will be alright in Storrs sooner than later.

Board footera