GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/02/2020 5:28 pm  #21

Re: NCAA TOURNEY BUBBLE Thread

Dude, I would like nothing more than to be wrong, but it's in the realm of possibility.  Consider Joe Lunardi's latest projections: 

Actually, that's not true.  There are plenty of things I would like more than this, but you get the point.

B.

3/02/2020 7:54 pm  #22

I'm sure there are! Starting with GW being in the mix and several dozen actually important things in life.... well,  we shall in the next few years!

I do agree if everything breaks just wrong we could be left in the cold, but its not going to happen that way.  

3/03/2020 4:58 pm  #23

Interesting note (and apologies if someone spotted this earlier): if I'm reading the standings right, we're the only team in the conference to have not played a top 25 team all year.

3/04/2020 4:30 pm  #24

Rutgers landed an enormous win on Tuesday night as they knocked off Maryland (15) at home. The Scarlet Knights are now 18-11 on the season.

Rutgers has four Quad 1 wins — they’ve beaten both Seton Hall (12) and Maryland (15) — and they have 8 wins over the top 2 Quads.   

3/04/2020 4:57 pm  #25

It's truly impressive what Pikiell has done at Rutgers. I remember we beat them by like 40 points four or five years ago, and at the time I was thinking that team (Eddie Jordan coached) was one of the worst I had seen play in recent memory, regardless of conference level.

3/04/2020 4:58 pm  #26

Just checked, and it was a 34 point win in Dec. 2015.

3/04/2020 5:09 pm  #27

also, ML rejected that job before they hired Pikiell (lol)

3/04/2020 5:37 pm  #28

Oh yeah, that Rutgers team was turrrrible, this a helluva job they've pulled off at Rutgers.

they are set up too, this team is pretty young and they have a strong recruiting class coming in

The Seton Hall win really important, Seton Hall is a 2 seed, and non conference.  

So many cracks in The Big 10 it was essential to land that OOC win.  The Maryland win means they are now for sure dancing

In contrast look at Tom Crean at Indiana now Georgia.  I don't how that guy is 7-27 in super down SEC,  with the talent he has, amazing.

3/06/2020 5:28 pm  #29

RICHMOND (NET: 48): The Spiders took care of Davidson (74) on Tuesday night.
They are 3-4 against Quad 1 opponents with a 5-6 record against the top two Quads

3/06/2020 5:36 pm  #30

PROVIDENCE (NET: 44, NBC: 9): The Friars won their fifth straight game on Wednesday night, taking care of business against Xavier (41) at home.

Providence should be pretty good about their chances of getting into the NCAA tournament. They have seven Quad 1 wins, they are 12-8 against the top two Quads.

12 Quad 1-2 wins really stunning stuff.   a few weeks ago absolutely zero chance, never seen a turnaround quite like this, they look like a 8-9 seed already. 

3/06/2020 5:40 pm  #31

One last one, maybe the most interesting case, what do you make of these resumes ??? 

EAST TENNESSEE STATE (NET: 41, NBC: 11): The Buccaneers beat Western Carolina (143) on Saturday and will now head into the SoCon tournament as regular season champs with a 24-4 record.
They have a win at UNCG (73) and a win at LSU (33), but they do have an ugly Quad 4 loss to Mercer (197) at home. 

3/07/2020 11:09 am  #32

Northern Iowa was upset by 9th seeded Drake in their conference tournament. They were projected as a 10 or 11 seed if they won their conference tournament, which shows how good they are, and now they could be out. That's why I say those smaller conferences should send their regular season champion, but they want the ESPN money so they'll send their conference tourney champ. 

Richmond is still projected as being on the 'Last 4 Out' line despite winning at Duquesne last night. Richmond didn't do quite enough in OOC play to be secure at this point, even though they'll finish 2nd in the A10. 

3/07/2020 4:34 pm  #33

Ooof tough loss! lets hope not!

Texas has played back to the bubble, they have a home game now against dreadful OKLA St  and they are losing 27-9

3/07/2020 6:01 pm  #34

Oh the Humanity.  Texas is losing at home 81-57 to Okla St with a minute left in the game.

A home pounding OK St is 6-11 in the league

3/07/2020 8:10 pm  #35

I just saw that Rutgers is still on the '1st Four Out' line, even after today's win at Purdue. I don't understand how they could beat Maryland and win at Purdue, and still be on the outside looking in?

Utah State just upset San Diego State in the Mountain West Tournament championship game. They may have stolen a bid, I'm assuming Utah State's at-large chances weren't very good if they didn't win their tournament. 

3/07/2020 11:05 pm  #36

Thomas, don't take Lunardi seriously, #1 he's been dreadful at this recently, and #2 its embarrassing how slow they are up to update.  you have to check the time stamp.

What is this guy do besides this ONE thing lol.  this is IT FOR THE GUY lol.  a few weeks a year you'd think he could be all over things, update within a few hours, etc

BELMONT!! anyone see that! the back cut for the buzzer beater down 1!   Belmont off To the Dance!

3/08/2020 12:43 am  #37

As an example 5 hours ago Utah St beat SD St.  a huge game.  Utah St was needing an auto berth, takes a spot, moves SD St down (Dayton is almost certainly assured a 1 seed now)  etc...

Lunardi's site has no update, like this is what the guy does for a living he is THE guy right?  he doesn't update very much.  I've seen him be a full day behind big changes over the years. you'd think a few days a year he could be all over the updates lol

3/08/2020 3:35 pm  #38

SLU for sure is a candidate to win the A10 Tourney.

Rhode Island and SLU could get us a 3rd bid.  real solid bounce year for the A10, shame that VCU slipped badly down the stretch, they piled up a bid OOC

3/08/2020 5:01 pm  #39

Speaking of Rutgers, Lunardi has them as an 8 seed.

He just doesn't update his own site for 24 hours

Providence a 7 seed,  Stunning

3/09/2020 9:59 am  #40

And while you're lightening up on Crean, Dude, you might want to lighten up on Shaka as well.

Dreadful Oklahoma State?  So dreadful that they've won 6 of their last 8 games (with losses to Kansas and West Virginia only during this span).  The ESPN announcer calling this game referred to the Cowboys as "the hottest team in the Big 12 not named Kansas."  That's a direct quote.

No surprise here of course because you display zero research to support your frequently inane comments which usually read like an 8 year old who has become distracted by a butterfly.  It's obviously far more important to you that you provide your 700th post here before all but one poster here provides their 300th, taking the time to properly research be damned.  Suffocating is the word that comes to mind to describe what you're doing here.

Board footera