GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/09/2020 1:07 pm  #41

Re: NCAA TOURNEY BUBBLE Thread

So an interesting thing I've noticed the last few years
Joe lunardi and Jerry palm used to have very similar predictions now they are always many teams apart

Lunardi tends to pick the stronger resume palm adheres to the quad 1 quad 2

the committee has departed a little bit at times from such a strict quad 1 quad to approach

Will be interesting to see this year

A good example the Texas team stinks when you watch them they are bad they have a bad computer ranking across the board they just got blown out on their home court by a bad team
Richmond and contrast better computer rankings across the board. But they have only three quad one wins because of fewer bites of the Apple

So will be interesting to see what the committee does and which guy is right in their forecast

I have no doubt at all Richmond is the better team that is what the computer rankings were set up to do and they do it better than the quad system belatedly setup to jamming as many power conference teams as possible

3/09/2020 5:16 pm  #42

On the other end of things, big credit to Richmond for staying the course with Mooney. 

Richmond is not an easy place to win, he's done a great job, back to back NCAA trips, Sweet 16, had that really good team in 2017 that just missed, last 2 years all sorts of calls for his head, seat was red hot for him (unfairly I'd posit) but things had turned south.

Well, just a Tremendous year in 2020, 24-7   14-4 in league play.  Mooney inherited a program in 05-06 in really bad shape, and is now 138-104 in league play, on the cusp of a return to the NCAA Tourney.     They are going to be even BETTER next year.  

Still in his 40s, really good young Coaching career.  Martelli had all sorts of up and downs of his own, Mooney's career is taking a similar shape at Richmond.

3/11/2020 1:09 am  #43

Rutgers beat Seton Hall, won 20 games in a loaded Big 10, they have a #27 KenPom, are the GW Duo seriously on the Bubble?

Lunardi says no others think they are

What say you?

3/11/2020 12:24 pm  #44

No team in 26 years has received an at-large with fewer than 4 wins away from home, except for Oklahoma in 2018 with 3 such wins.  Rutgers has a total of 2, the second coming over the weekend at Purdue.  Rutgers may get the sentimental nod (not to mention the NY market nod which could care less about Rutgers when they lose but is happy to jump on board when they win).  Personally, I think the win at Purdue pushed them off of the bubble.  Before that win, they had to be considered very much in jeopardy of missing the field.

Board footera