GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2020 2:50 pm  #21

Re: GW vs Fordham Tourney Game Thread

Toro TURNOVER!!! 

3/11/2020 2:50 pm  #22

Clueless.  Sure could use some coaching

3/11/2020 2:51 pm  #23

9 points in 11 minutes.  Up to 11 points in 12 minutes, with Walker going to the line.

Last edited by Long Suffering Fan (3/11/2020 2:54 pm)

3/11/2020 2:54 pm  #24

Amazing. After Davidson game the team has collapsed and reverted to High School play. Really, has there been improvement since the beginning of the season? 

3/11/2020 2:54 pm  #25

Tennessee Colonial wrote:

Toro TURNOVER!!! 

Feinstein says that JC said before the game that he is concerned that since the injury Toro has been playing tentatively aka playing "not to get hurt."  So there is the reason why he's not been playing as much for those wondering.

3/11/2020 2:55 pm  #26

Now 1-4 from the line.  We really stink in every aspect of the game.

3/11/2020 2:57 pm  #27

7 TOs in 13 minutes. 0-5 from 3. Looks like we're going to be 1/3rd of Fordham's total wins this year. A lot of time left, but this could end up being a very disappointing way to end the season.

3/11/2020 2:59 pm  #28

Mojo's teams played with a greater sense of urgency than we are seeing the last two weeks from this team.

3/11/2020 3:00 pm  #29

Can't shoot, can't defend, can't play. We have sunk really low.

3/11/2020 3:00 pm  #30

Maybe Fdham coach called timeout to savor the only team in the league he can get a good lead against.
How can we not get a good inside shot with 2 big men or generally a good outside shot?

3/11/2020 3:00 pm  #31

Tennessee Colonial wrote:

Amazing. After Davidson game the team has collapsed and reverted to High School play. Really, has there been improvement since the beginning of the season? 

Over the course of the season, Maceo has improved.  Every other player has regressed or remained the same.

3/11/2020 3:01 pm  #32

Moving screen. JC, what have you done. 8 turnovers. Ha! 

3/11/2020 3:01 pm  #33

Will we even get to 20 points?

3/11/2020 3:02 pm  #34

Down 21- 11. 11 points.!?

3/11/2020 3:04 pm  #35

We've been really screwed on a lot of calls and no-calls (Fordham walk before we got called for a foul).
Humiliating that it matters against Fordham, but still....

3/11/2020 3:05 pm  #36

Gwmayhem wrote:

I think they are going to win big today, by double digits easily.  Giving 3 is a gift.  

JC has a history of being a good tournament coach.  Plus, a loss today resulting in a 3 game sweep by Fordham, when they haven't won a single game against any other A10 opponent this season, would be disgraceful.  Sorry if you feel that's too harsh, but it really would be.

No, Gwmayhem, it's NOT too harsh at all.
Unlike GW, remember that Fordham has been competitive in conference play.....almost bumped off Rhode island, etc. They just don't score well.
On JC, the verdict is out, both on him as a coach and as a recruiter for the kind of talent needed for success in A-10 play. Kvanc brought in Jarvis, then Penders...and later the Uconn connection for Hobbs. The verdict is out on Vogel as well. To get past Lonergan/ Nero they may have hired a coach too soon!

3/11/2020 3:05 pm  #37

I’m trying to figure out what Fordham is doing defensively that is disrupting us every time we play. Obviously the missed open threes make it look even worse, but clearly we haven’t found the answer to our style.  (And there is two threes as I type this).

Best as I can tell it seems like they might be following the Texas Tech/Baylor model of clogging the middle and forcing everything baseline and I guess we are at our best (or our only efficient  offense) when Potter (or JNJ) go through the middle and either score or kick out or dump down to Paar.  We don’t tend to operate well from the baseline out. 

Second half will need some sort of adjustment, but mostly when we get those kick out threes, we just have to knock down more.

3/11/2020 3:05 pm  #38

Fordham is one of the few teams all year that have figured out that if you double off the high screen and deny Potter any lanes we have no offense. If we have so many offense sets why don't we use them. Our post defense has been terrible all year and we never help or change up defenses. Our talent level is pretty weak but a coach has to try to mix things up and see if something else works. I've been all in for Christian but what I've seen the last 1/4 of the year is not encouraging. What a horrible half.

Last edited by 2twooed (3/11/2020 3:06 pm)

3/11/2020 3:07 pm  #39

7 made field goals, 9 turnovers

3/11/2020 3:09 pm  #40

29-17. More turnovers, more bad shots. 

Board footera