GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2020 3:11 pm  #41

Re: GW vs Fordham Tourney Game Thread

7 made field goals, 12 turnovers

3/11/2020 3:12 pm  #42

Nice half team.

3/11/2020 3:13 pm  #43

What a joke. Are we sure we shouldn’t be relegated to the CAA?

3/11/2020 3:13 pm  #44

2twooed wrote:

Fordham is one of the few teams all year that have figured out that if you double off the high screen and deny Potter any lanes we have no offense. If we have so many offense sets why don't we use them. Our post defense has been terrible all year and we never help or change up defenses. Our talent level is pretty weak but a coach has to try to mix things up and see if something else works. I've been all in for Christian but what I've seen the last 1/4 of the year is not encouraging. What a horrible half.

Very well put!

3/11/2020 3:14 pm  #45

2twooed wrote:

Fordham is one of the few teams all year that have figured out that if you double off the high screen and deny Potter any lanes we have no offense. If we have so many offense sets why don't we use them. Our post defense has been terrible all year and we never help or change up defenses. Our talent level is pretty weak but a coach has to try to mix things up and see if something else works. I've been all in for Christian but what I've seen the last 1/4 of the year is not encouraging. What a horrible half.

I have to agree!

Last edited by RobSmithoasas (3/11/2020 3:16 pm)

3/11/2020 3:15 pm  #46

A big fat fucking first half F.  What the hell are they so afraid of that they are playing like this?

3/11/2020 3:16 pm  #47

Good elbow Walker!  12 turnovers. Down big.   Well, 1 and 2 star recruits and a .500 coach, this is what we get. Crap. Real doubts about this coach. Down 15. 

3/11/2020 3:17 pm  #48

Last year's team would've smoked these guys

3/11/2020 3:17 pm  #49

The people blaming the coach need to chill. It’s year one, with very little talented and the worst injury season we’ve had in over 30 years.  I understand frustration, and I guess this is what message board people everywhere reflexively do, but we are supposed to be smarter than the average fan base.

3/11/2020 3:17 pm  #50

Gwmayhem, you're right again!

3/11/2020 3:19 pm  #51

Good to have such a strong senior class from 2016 to count on

Thank goodness we can always lean on Lonergan's 4th Year at GW  Seniors Toro and Juice for a 0 points 3 turnovers half against Fordham in a elimination game.

Jamison Battle AND Chase Paar actually look really good, as usual

3/11/2020 3:19 pm  #52

Free...does this look like a well coached team to you?  I can probably list 10 things that I don't like about Christian so far, but yes, I will continue to give him the benefit of the doubt.   

3/11/2020 3:20 pm  #53

Yes, it is Longergans fault.  LOL

3/11/2020 3:22 pm  #54

If Fordham made some of their earlier wide open 3s, it would be a lot worse.
Also don't understand our plays as noted above. We seem to have 3 plays: 1)a very basic pick and roll that players learn in elementary school, usually complemented with a dropped pass or stripped ball 2) Jock up a 3 with no one under the boards (very important to not have someone not in a position to rebound and 3) Armel overdribbling the ball for 25 seconds and either making a nice, but dangerous pass for a 3 point attempt or driving and often taking a crazy circus shot that 25 percent he makes, 30 percent he is bailed out with a foul (not as beneficial as one would think, especially late in the game) and 45 percent doesn't work out.
Don't know what happened to the other plays. Although we are developing a fourth: Shawn dribbling the ball until he is stripped, passes to another team or commits an offensive foul, sometimes unwarranted. Not necessarily all Shawn's fault as he has no help.

3/11/2020 3:24 pm  #55

Not giving up on JC, but he is responsible for a good amount of this, which we can discuss all offseason. Bottom line: we still have about 7 healthy Fordham level players, so they shouldn't own us.

3/11/2020 3:27 pm  #56

One measure of a good coach is an ability to make half time adjustments and get back in the game.  Lets see what happens.  

3/11/2020 3:29 pm  #57

Not using a zone is a coaching choice. We can't play man to man. Who thinks we can? So, a coach has to play a zone sometime? Not ever?! Bobby Knight could do it. GW?!  Coach is nuts.

3/11/2020 3:30 pm  #58

The dude sure knows basketball. Let's blame Lonergan. Isn't this the same "dude" who claimed Jorgensen wasn't an A-10 level recruit? 
Losing to Fordham 3 times in 1 year has to rate as an all time low in the history of our program. How far we have fallen since winning the NIT 4 short years ago!
This is what happens when you hire a guy who was only .500 after 7 years in the NEC and MAAC, 2 of the lower ranked conferences in the Country.
I'm really looking forward to the next couple years while JC tries to grow into the job. That worked really well for our last coach who was also in over his head.

3/11/2020 3:36 pm  #59

Yes, Lonergan's poor recruits. Toro one of the better rebounders in the country before being badly used this year. Juice, a key reserve who it was noted average double figures in limited minutes in a key stretch last year. We'll discuss all Lonergan's recruits on another thread.

3/11/2020 3:38 pm  #60

Yeah even Skip Bayless would be embarrassed to blame this situation on Lonergan. The big thing that we’ve had issues with since ML was fired is we do not have any playmakers who we can rely on. Even St Joe’s has Ryan Daly who you can give the ball to if need be.   JC needs to find a new Junior Robinson and he needs to find one fast.

In addition, over the last 4 years we’ve somehow acquired the slippery-est hands in the A-10. I’ve never seen teams so consistently bad at passing, receiving, and collecting loose balls. It’s little stuff like that that seems to cost us any momentum.

Board footera