GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/24/2019 9:45 pm  #1

For Those Who Believe Status is Everything...

OK, for some folks this may be incentive to post and comment.  

BoardHost gives us the ability to create a ranking system, awarding status based upon how many times someone posts on the board.  With that, I've created the following structure:

0 Posts:  New Member 
2 Posts:  Member (also gives you the ability to insert links to other website/webpages)
5 Posts:  Fan (You've earned it just by coming to this Board; now post and get the status)
25 Posts:  Super Fan (You know you want this next to your name, right?)
100 Posts:  Buff & Blue Club (For now, the top category)
250 Posts:  ????  (Help me name this one)

Your status appears under your name on the board whenever you post. 

Now let's hope there's lots of reasons to post about GW's success on and off the court!

Barry

7/25/2019 4:01 pm  #2

Re: For Those Who Believe Status is Everything...

I love the idea of a ranking structure. It provides a way for readers of the board to discern posters who are top contributors to the site. I also like the idea of limiting board privileges based upon post count (e.g. minimum # of posts necessary to use links). This will aid in keeping the spam/troll accounts at bay. 

As for the 250 posts rank I wanted throw out a suggestion: Colonial Booster

Last edited by Alum (7/25/2019 4:04 pm)

7/25/2019 5:50 pm  #3

That's great, but remember what we just left...250 posts? For the trolls, they can get that in a day.

250 posts...how about Blue Seats, in remembrance of things past.

Chris.

8/06/2019 4:17 am  #4

I’d aim much higher with the various levels.  You’re going to have a lot of 250 post members after one season.

8/06/2019 8:42 am  #5

BM wrote:

I’d aim much higher with the various levels. You’re going to have a lot of 250 post members after one season.

That would be great to have.  At that point we can add something higher, of course!

Board footera