GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/21/2023 5:52 pm  #61

Re: Today's Trivia

Everyone's a winner.  Bruce Brown scored 17 points over two games against GW, while Caldwell-Pope scored his 17 in a single performance.

6/21/2023 9:37 pm  #62

Side trivia:  Bruce Brown played with Kevin Marfo on the BABC AAU team.  I think Justin Mazzula was on the BABC 16-U team at the same time.

6/23/2023 11:16 am  #63

Ok, here’s my trivia question for the day.

Since I’ve been paying attention to GW basketball, there’s only one school (that I can think of) from which we’ve poached two transfers in the same season. 

Which school is to only one from which we’ve landed two transfers the same year?

6/23/2023 12:00 pm  #64

Good one FQ. 

My (wrong) guess was Ace Stallings and Sloan Seymour-- from MSM & Siena, respectively--but then I saw the right answer when I was double checking the roster.  Brandon Leftwich, also from MSM.

6/23/2023 12:09 pm  #65

Here is a easy one.  How many players from last night's draft did GW play against last year?

6/23/2023 12:12 pm  #66

BM wrote:

Good one FQ. 

My (wrong) guess was Ace Stallings and Sloan Seymour-- from MSM & Siena, respectively--but then I saw the right answer when I was double checking the roster.  Brandon Leftwich, also from MSM.

I don’t think stallings and Leftwich came the same year, but I was asking about scholarship players anyway.

6/23/2023 12:15 pm  #67

Free Quebec wrote:

BM wrote:

Good one FQ. 

I don’t think stallings and Leftwich came the same year, but I was asking about scholarship players anyway.

Stumped

6/23/2023 12:16 pm  #68

LA Colonial wrote:

Here is a easy one.  How many players from last night's draft did GW play against last year?

I think it’s 3: Toumani Camara, GG Jackson, and Maxwell Lewis. 

Have to say, I was surprised Lewis gained draft traction and got picked. He’s athletic, but a long way away - never even had an Ortg of 100 in either season.

6/23/2023 12:19 pm  #69

4 -- Mouhamed Guete, Toumani Camara, Jordan Miller, G.G. Jackson 

6/23/2023 12:32 pm  #70

I came up with four.  The three mentioned by FQ plus Gueye.  I do not recall playing against Miller from Miami.
Regarding FQ's trivia question is it Siena -Seymour plus Sean Walker who committed to Siena but never played there.

6/23/2023 1:04 pm  #71

LA Colonial wrote:

I came up with four.  The three mentioned by FQ plus Gueye.  I do not recall playing against Miller from Miami.
Regarding FQ's trivia question is it Siena -Seymour plus Sean Walker who committed to Siena but never played there.

No, not Siena. (Not counting someone who never played at a school as a transfer).  One I’m thinking of was before that.

6/23/2023 1:21 pm  #72

Free Quebec wrote:

Ok, here’s my trivia question for the day.

Since I’ve been paying attention to GW basketball, there’s only one school (that I can think of) from which we’ve poached two transfers in the same season.

Which school is to only one from which we’ve landed two transfers the same year?

Is it Navy? Byron Hopkins and Mark Karver? Or did Karver come from College Park CC? (it was too long ago for someone with my cognitive limitations...)

6/23/2023 1:38 pm  #73

Karver from college park but Matt Nordstrom came over with Hopkins.  May not be right spelling

6/23/2023 2:20 pm  #74

GWAA has the right school, wrong players. 
PKGW almost got it right, but got Matt Nordmann’s name wrong.

It was Byron Hopkins and Matt Nordmann from Navy at the same time.

6/23/2023 4:08 pm  #75

Free Quebec wrote:

GWAA has the right school, wrong players.
PKGW almost got it right, but got Matt Nordmann’s name wrong.

It was Byron Hopkins and Matt Nordmann from Navy at the same time.

I should have gotten Nordmann right. We had classes together (microeconomics and, I think, Prof Hills´s US diplomatic history).

6/24/2023 5:49 am  #76

may have been before your time but hopkins and nordman from navy.

Board footera