GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/10/2020 11:31 am  #1

Introducing THE ULTIMATE GW FAN CHAMPIONSHIP

A BIT OF BOARD HISTORY
Does anyone recall, in the early days of the old GW Hoops board, that someone had set-up a game that I think was called the GW Shuffle.  As I remember it, each participant had to pick a different player who would lead the team in a given category.  I barely remember it, but recall it being a lot of fun.

What you may not know about me is that I am an event developer and producer, and due to COVID-19 have turned to a series of virtual scavenger hunt events for some of my clients.  For those who are interested, I'm going to run a free scavenger hunt for GW Hoops, kind of a modern day GW Shuffle, but bigger.  Read on...

THE ULTIMATE GW FAN CHAMPIONSHIP will provide points to participants for correctly predicting everything from game outcomes and margins, top players in scoring, minutes, and other stat categories, etc.  And until the season begins, it will include GW trivia (mostly basketball, but also other sports).  The winner of the competition gets bragging rights and recognition on the board until the next year's champion is crowned (assuming I continue it).

If you'd like to play, this is what you need to do:
1. Download the GOOSECHASE app from your smart phone app store
2. Register as a user on the Goosechase app
3. There's a search function to find specific scavenger hunts.  This one uses the code L7GBLR; you can also type into the appropriate search box the name "ULTIMATE GW FAN CHAMPIONSHIP"
4. At some point in the onboarding process, you'll need a game password to access and enter.  The password is JAMION (make sure you use all caps)
5. Follow the instructions for joining the game, including creating your own entry.  I recommend that you use your own GW Hoops username as your profile name so that it's easy for me to match-up (and recognize) the top folks on the board.

There are five trivia questions in the game to start.  More will come on a regular basis, at least five new questions each week until the season begins.  Once the games begin, most of the missions will be prediction-based.  Also, take note that the app will send you notifications on your phone when new missions are released.

Enjoy the hunt and good luck on becoming the ULTIMATE GW FAN!

10/11/2020 6:09 am  #2

Re: Introducing THE ULTIMATE GW FAN CHAMPIONSHIP

Fun! Thanks BGF!

10/14/2020 10:27 am  #3

Great idea, BGF!

10/16/2020 1:20 pm  #4

New missions coming Monday morning, October 19th, including the first season-long prediction.

If you haven't checked it out, please register and play (directions in the first post).  

10/19/2020 8:01 am  #5

New missions coming at 10 a.m. today, including the first season-long prediction!

11/24/2020 6:39 am  #6

Barry- thanks again for all that you do to keep the board moving.  Are we going to use the GooseChase  app for game predictions

11/24/2020 9:48 am  #7

PKGW wrote:

Barry- thanks again for all that you do to keep the board moving. Are we going to use the GooseChase app for game predictions

We are...the missions will release at 10 a.m. today!

11/24/2020 5:44 pm  #8

Barry, this is awesome.  Thanks for doing it.

11/24/2020 8:38 pm  #9

Gwmayhem wrote:

Barry, this is awesome.  Thanks for doing it.

My pleasure!

11/25/2020 3:01 pm  #10

While GW couldn't get it done today, kudos to pkgw who nailed five predictions and has taken an early lead.  Not too late for others to get into the game!

11/25/2020 6:48 pm  #11

Thanks Barry.  I should just drop the mic because it most likely will not get any better for me (and probably much worse)and I actually wish I could have been right on the winning team

11/25/2020 8:38 pm  #12

PKGW wrote:

Thanks Barry. I should just drop the mic because it most likely will not get any better for me (and probably much worse)and I actually wish I could have been right on the winning team

Yeah, we all got that one wrong. 

11/30/2020 1:52 pm  #13

Time to submit your predictions for the Hampton game.  Anyone who hasn't signed up yet can do so by following the instructions at the top of this thread.  Happy hunting!

12/07/2020 8:29 pm  #14

This is cool, just signed up!

Board footera