GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/22/2019 2:12 pm  #1

A-10 Preview on NBC College Basketball Talk

For those who missed it last week, you may want to check out the article.  Not much on GW, but that is to be anticipated.  

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2019/07/16/atlantic-10-offseason-reset-vcu-davidson-dayton-headline-much-improved-conference/

7/22/2019 3:37 pm  #2

Re: A-10 Preview on NBC College Basketball Talk

I thought it was fair quick summary of the league. Good reminder that competence on GW’s part should not be mistaken for some huge leap forward. I’ll be looking for something like an identity when we play well and how short the losing streaks are. As for play what are we getting at point and can we do better at stopping penetration?

So great to be talking ball without having to wade through the shameful nonsense

Last edited by FredD (7/22/2019 7:03 pm)

7/22/2019 3:48 pm  #3

Yeah, pretty solid analysis by Dauster. Jon Rothstein did an A-10 preview too on his podcast a few weeks ago and picked GW finishing second to last. Had almost no mention of us on his cast except in his power rankings. Maybe it’s a good thing though that we are flying under these guy’s radars. I do think with the talent we have and the new jolt of energy from Coach Christian, it isn’t insane to think we could finish in the top 10 and surprise a bit, right?

7/22/2019 3:51 pm  #4

Jamion Christian has made his career on beating expectations, at least early in tenures.  I would be willing to bet we will be better than 12th, especially if Amir Harris gets a waiver to play this year. 

Also, given that Jameer Nelson (sr) is almost certainly the single greatest A-10 player ever (in college), his son should really be on the "Who's Coming" list.  Not to mention, based on Jameer Jr.'s Kenner performance, he seems like a strong bet for all-rookie team. 

7/22/2019 3:59 pm  #5

Agreed FQ. I think Jameer is an absolute steal! There was a theory floating around on the other board that he may not have been all that heavily recruited due to the assumption he would be on a Hawk Hill this Fall.

Board footera