GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/14/2020 9:20 pm  #101

Re: GW vs William and Mary Game Thread

fungerhall wrote:

Hugh wrote:

Hugh wrote:

i'm not sure if bishop playing with battle is sustainable

to clarify, Bishop does not find Battle enough, and I think Battle is getting frustrated

Could tell Battle was clearly frustrated on the wing when Bishop wouldn’t pass.

I despise Bishop’s game, everything from his fake over confident swag to his selfish play, more so than Jair Bolden and I thought I’d never say that.

Again. This dude is straight a trash. Absolutely fitting ending.

12/14/2020 9:21 pm  #102

That airball sums up the James Bishop experience

12/14/2020 9:21 pm  #103

A tale of two halves...James Bishop with another huge game. 21  points 8  boards 5  dimes two blocks and one very strange, long 3, down 1 with 5 seconds to go. 

on to the next one

12/14/2020 9:21 pm  #104

Guessing nobody has a comment on those last 10 seconds. What’s to say?

12/14/2020 9:22 pm  #105

Definitely one of the worst final shots out of a timeout I’ve seen in program history.  Just horrible.  That was what they got out of a timeout to win the game?  Dribble four seconds and airball a 30+ footer?

Last edited by Motsach (12/14/2020 9:22 pm)

12/14/2020 9:22 pm  #106

Really? The play you draw up in the time out down one with 7 secs to go is a beyond NBA three pointer for an airball by the new star? Hello 1-5!

12/14/2020 9:22 pm  #107

MG14 wrote:

As that TO was called I called exactly how that play would turn out....and would you figure I was right.

Horrendous by Bishop at the end. Why even bother calling the TO when you weren't going to draw up a real play

The worst part is that the previous two time outs, JC called great plays.

12/14/2020 9:23 pm  #108

To quote Marcus Camby vs Alexander Koul, Luke Loewey "made (GW) his woman."

Last edited by jf (12/14/2020 9:25 pm)

12/14/2020 9:23 pm  #109

Also, fire JAMION. An air ball was the best play he could come up with? This loss was sadder than Mojo’s 22-0 against stony brook only to lose.

12/14/2020 9:25 pm  #110

Cancel the season

12/14/2020 9:25 pm  #111

If those last 10 seconds weren’t clear enough... Obvious that Bishop and Jamion are the problem to this team. The toxicity of Bishops play and Christians confidence behind it is going to end up with core players leaving.

12/14/2020 9:26 pm  #112

I will still probably turn on games because what else am I supposed to do with COVID around and no place to go but good god this team is deeply dysfunctional right now. Who on the team can step up and lead? At this point it may take a fight in the locker room or at the next practice.

12/14/2020 9:26 pm  #113

On second watch of the final play it looked like JNJ would've been open for an alley-oop. His defender was no where near him.

12/14/2020 9:27 pm  #114

This was terrible. Absolutely terrible play in the second half. W&M made adjustments. Coach Christian did not.

12/14/2020 9:30 pm  #115

Honestly, I thought Bishop would blow it up with a wild drive' and maybe get bailed out with weak foul. Didn't count on a no pass near 30 footer hitting nothing but...air
Just a gentle suggestion: We might want to work on that overtime last minute play.

12/14/2020 9:30 pm  #116

I’ve never seen a coach not make defensive changes in a game like JC. Our zone is a joke and the man in the 2nd half was worse. WM shot lay ups not jump shots. They penetrated at will and then out hustled us on the boards. 1-5 against the teams we are playing does not bode well for conference play. Great shot by the way at the end. I’m not a big fan of walking the ball up court before you call the TO either. Last thing I’ll say was very composed play by the senior with the Tech and the two shots. Pretty big swing. Confidence level has to be pretty bad.

12/14/2020 9:31 pm  #117

Before getting serious, I'll make this one joke about the last shot...IT'S THE STEPH CURRY EFFECT!!! Steph Curry has made taking long, ill-advised 3-point shots a commonplace in basketball

About the game, there was no positives, you can't blow a 19-point lead to an average or below average mid-major like William & Mary. Wasn't William & Mary missing a key player too? I thought the announcers mentioned this at tip off. The only hope is that the players elevate their game when conference play starts(Georgetown somehow did this when they played better teams) and they are no longer playing mid-majors. If the level of play remains the same, I'm not sure who GW can beat in the A10 right now, maybe Fordham? 

12/14/2020 9:31 pm  #118

Fire Jamion Christian.
End communication.

12/14/2020 9:31 pm  #119

GWMBBFan wrote:

If those last 10 seconds weren’t clear enough... Obvious that Bishop and Jamion are the problem to this team. The toxicity of Bishops play and Christians confidence behind it is going to end up with core players leaving.

Exactly.

12/14/2020 9:32 pm  #120

Looking at the replay (because I hate myself), I think the play was for Battle, who was open after popping out after setting the pick...there was a 3, 2, 1 countdown coming from the W&M bench and Bishop jacked up the shot with 4 seconds left. I think that's the only explanation...
https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNet/status/1338670347286171650

Board footera