GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/22/2020 3:01 pm  #41

Re: GW vs Charlotte Game Thread

GWRising wrote:

Thomas wrote:

Hunter Dean's dunk energized the entire team and some of the coaching staff. I think the announcers said he is playing today because the NCAA allowed immediate eligibility to all transfers. 

Not true but I guess it makes for good tv. Hunter Dean was subject to the prior rules because he transferred in last year.

Not saying you are wrong, but wouldn't this game be considered the 1st semester, when he wasn't eligible? I'm assuming the 2nd semester would be the next game vs. Fordham or the game after that. 

12/22/2020 3:01 pm  #42

Good rule for Bishop and other GW players: when double teamed,try and pass. Even better,pass when you see them coming to trap.

12/22/2020 3:06 pm  #43

He would have eligible either at the end of this semester or the beginning of the next. Big thing is I heard he’d help and for the first few minutes he has! Of course Cheyenne Moore had a great first game too ;-0

12/22/2020 3:08 pm  #44

Some day Bishop might be the next Carl, but right now I will take Joe Mc over Bishop as a playmaking point guard.

12/22/2020 3:10 pm  #45

Jameer feels only way he will get the ball is to keep it,however ungainly the play.

12/22/2020 3:11 pm  #46

I understand one school of analytics says don’t worry about offensive rebound. Seems it demoralizes your team and allows the other team to rest on defense

12/22/2020 3:12 pm  #47

For a team with a bunch of 3-point shooters we're really awful at making them.

Currently 2-10 in this game. Barely shooting above 33% for the season so far. Including this game we've made a total of 41 games in 7 games.

12/22/2020 3:14 pm  #48

jf wrote:

Jameer feels only way he will get the ball is to keep it,however ungainly the play.

Jameer made a great steal of the entry pass to the center, before not passing the ball and then jacking up a bad shot that led to a Charlotte fast break

Last edited by Thomas (12/22/2020 3:15 pm)

12/22/2020 3:14 pm  #49

Is there a "sharpening knives" emoji? Blowing a double-digit first half lead at home for the second game in a row (and this one against a team with a stand-in coach) will drive many to want to use it...

12/22/2020 3:14 pm  #50

Has anyone been benched to get their attention?

12/22/2020 3:15 pm  #51

MG14 wrote:

Currently 2-10 in this game. Barely shooting above 33% for the season so far. Including this game we've made a total of 41 games in 7 games.

Unfortunately we haven't really generated that many open looks.  A lot of our 3's are either the contested, deep, or wild-Bishop heave variety.

12/22/2020 3:15 pm  #52

Someone remind me the last time Bishop made a 3 pt. field goal?

12/22/2020 3:15 pm  #53

Easy to see why Matt Moyer bounced around—he’s a four star recruit who still thinks he’s a four star player.  He would be excellent at concentrating at the things he does
Best with his defensive length, anticipation, and rebounding instead of trying to rekindle his high school scoring glory days.

12/22/2020 3:17 pm  #54

Is the play,Bishop hold the ball for 20 plus second,often far outside,then try and do something in desperation?
Working to perfection.

12/22/2020 3:17 pm  #55

If our half time adjustment was to have Bishop dribble far from the basket while the rest of the team watches, then we have executed it to perfection.0

12/22/2020 3:18 pm  #56

MG14 wrote:

JC said we were a 3-pt shooting team. He said he wanted about 42 per cent of shots from 3 point range. Well, that's not what we are doing as the stats indicate. We aren't taking them and when we do we miss, I wonder if JC knows what kind of team he has.  We just look so disorganized as we fall apart in second half.

12/22/2020 3:20 pm  #57

Announcer just said that Maceo has only played 5 minutes so far in this game. Why so few minutes?

12/22/2020 3:20 pm  #58

FredD wrote:

Has anyone been benched to get their attention?

It looks like Jameer Jr. got the hook after the off-balanced shot attempt

12/22/2020 3:22 pm  #59

Good and bad Bishop in 30 seconds

12/22/2020 3:23 pm  #60

We really have no idea how to hedge/switch on defense

Board footera