GW Hoops

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/22/2020 3:23 pm  #61

Re: GW vs Charlotte Game Thread

Followed by just bad Moyer

12/22/2020 3:24 pm  #62

Aaaaaaand the game is getting away from us

12/22/2020 3:24 pm  #63

Merrick wrote:

Easy to see why Matt Moyer bounced around—he’s a four star recruit who still thinks he’s a four star player. He would be excellent at concentrating at the things he does
Best with his defensive length, anticipation, and rebounding instead of trying to rekindle his high school scoring glory days.

Couldn't agree more!

12/22/2020 3:25 pm  #64

Battle gets beat on defense on nearly every possession.  Unless they figure out how to hide him, he doesn’t belong on the court, as he can never score as many as he gives up

12/22/2020 3:25 pm  #65

Horrendous 2nd half. Whatever movement we had on offense in the 1st half has completely disappeared. Charlotte closes out on the 3-point line very quickly but we don't bother to pump fake to get a guy in the air. Defense has been pretty non-existent. Getting outscored 28-13 and I don't think we've made a 3 this half. Can't wait until conference play...

12/22/2020 3:25 pm  #66

Long Suffering Fan wrote:

If our half time adjustment was to have Bishop dribble far from the basket while the rest of the team watches, then we have executed it to perfection.0

So we just adjusted back to what we usually do. Great.

12/22/2020 3:25 pm  #67

Watching every opponent beat us to loose balls, out hustle us, and just seem to want it more is getting frustrating.  We just seem like a team that plays with no intensity at all. 

Charlotte clearly doesn’t have more talent than us, but we just play badly every game.

12/22/2020 3:26 pm  #68

Anyone not named Young in Charlotte is shooting 17-29 and 4-6 from three.

12/22/2020 3:27 pm  #69

So, has Charlotte outscored GW by 16 in the first 10+ minutes of the 2nd half..down 7, up by 9?? Nothing but bad shot-selection, bad defense and turnovers from GW in the 2nd half, Charlotte keeps getting easy baskets. I don't want to think about what will happen when GW starts playing decent A10 teams, let alone the upper-tier ones  

12/22/2020 3:28 pm  #70

Wish Bishop would swing it to Battle on those hard drives every once in a while. Would make sure a 2nd defender can't cheat and help out when he's on his way to the basket.

12/22/2020 3:30 pm  #71

Quick 10-0 run to retake the lead.

12/22/2020 3:31 pm  #72

Much more energy from us since the last time out. 10-0 to get back sparked by some good defense and a couple jump shots going in.

12/22/2020 3:31 pm  #73

Jack injects  energy.
Bishop can score in bunches for both sides

12/22/2020 3:33 pm  #74

Happy to see them come back. Our offense is what? Our defense is what?  I thought the point of team sports is the team is stronger than the individual.

12/22/2020 3:33 pm  #75

MG14 wrote:

Wish Bishop would swing it to Battle on those hard drives every once in a while. Would make sure a 2nd defender can't cheat and help out when he's on his way to the basket.

On that last battle three,  we ran a nice play where Dean rolled and Battle’s man went with him. Bishop swung to Maceo, but then Maceo missed Battle wide open at first. After holding the ball, Maceo then finally passed to battle who was more contested, but his defender stupidly backed off and gave battle room.  It worked out, but Maceo almost blew it with slow play.

12/22/2020 3:33 pm  #76

Whichever poster wrote that "Bishop Keeps Both Teams In The Game" was absolutely correct, that's the quote of the year!! LOL  JC must have told Bishop, "I'll Let You Do Whatever You Want, If You Come Here" and JC is keeping his word!!!

12/22/2020 3:36 pm  #77

Sometimes we make bench warmer Supica look like Serpico

12/22/2020 3:37 pm  #78

Thomas wrote:

Whichever poster wrote that "Bishop Keeps Both Teams In The Game" was absolutely correct, that's the quote of the year!! LOL  JC must have told Bishop, "I'll Let You Do Whatever You Want, If You Come Here" and JC is keeping his word!!!

That would be me, Thomas

12/22/2020 3:39 pm  #79

battle sets up bishop better than bishop has ever set up battle

12/22/2020 3:40 pm  #80

Hugh wrote:

battle sets up bishop better than bishop has ever set up battle

maybe bishop heard me

Board footera